Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Post....

Unabashed Bike Freak

First Post....

Hi Everybody,

My name is Barb, and I ride. Lots, at least by my standards. I have a 1979 R80/7 named Millie, because compared to my other bikes she is "Thoroughly Modern". I just picked up a 1976 R75/6 that is going to be a sweet bike with a bit of work. They live in the bike shed alongside two Triumph Bonnies, a 1969 T120 and a 1978 T140v, and a '66 BSA B44. Oh, and two XS650's, one of which has a sidecar.

It's getting crowded in the shed these days......

I've been active for years on British bike sites, but thought I should do justice to the Teutonic Marvels sitting in the shed by joining a Beemer site. And of course the bikes are wonderful! I went from home (NW Washington State) to North Carolina and back in 2010 on Millie, and had zero-zip-nada problems. So different from the Commando's and really most all of my other bikes. I love my big Blue Beemers!

The other neat thing about having bikes around is that I get to be the "cool" Gramma. My granddaughters love Gramma's bikes, and with luck in a few years they can learn to ride! So yeah--that's me. Recently widowed, totally in love with my Airheads, and *SO* ready for Summer!

Thanks for being here!

Barb

A rousing welcome to a woman who loves her airheads!! Maybe like you, the older I get, the more I appreciate older things. I hope you continue to enjoy riding for many years to come!
    1983 R80ST
    2010 R1200GS

Welcome to the forum.
    Where in Washington do you live?
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Welcome!

Glad you love the Beemers...we do too! I was in Spokane for the '04 National...rode the Northern Cascade route to visit family in Port Townsend. Very, very nice riding!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome to the BMW forum Barb. Be sure to check out the airhead forum for other like minded souls.

Mike Horne
    76 R90/6 Candied Red Metallic, 120k
    93 R100R Legend Pearl, 40k

Welcome Barb....great to have you here. Ride Well!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Welcome Barb! We are gandparents also, but I can't get my wife to try a bike on her own. So far only 2up. If you ever travel down this way, let me know and maybe we can ride a stretch together.

Lkarl KJ6OCL / 2000, R1200C

Welcome, Barb! Nice little collection ya got there! Hope to see you in Sedalia this summer!

Unabashed Bike Freak
    Hi Guys,

Thanks! It's a neat site, and I will no doubt spend too much time here, but that's why we have winter, right?

I live in rural Skagit County, near Hwy 20 ("North Cross" or North Cascades Highway), and have had the delightful pleasure of riding across Washington Pass, headed for Mazama and points east. Lovely ride!

I ride and camp with a women's riding group, and I always joke that when we leave a campsite, I have to start Millie first, since I can't tell if she is running or not when the Harley's light up...

Any sidecar folks hereabouts? I'm thinking of moving my chair to one of the BMW's, mainly as transportation in all weather.....gas is at $4.20 a gallon here now.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it!

Barb

Barb -

I'm sure you'll find it eventually, but there's a forum here that for the sidecar minded, called Sidecars and Trikes.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Barb, Check your PM's.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Talking Shed!

That must be one heck of a shed! Welcome.
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    '03 K1200LT
    '00 Excelsior-Henderson

Unabashed Bike Freak
    Hi Folks,

I just got my patch and little member kit, so that makes it official! So.....when do I get to learn the secret handshake?

Seriously cool stuff, and I am sewing the patch on my riding jacket today, assuming my little vintage 1927 sewing machine cooperates.

Meanwhile, most all the snow is gone, and it is supposed to be 58 degrees tomorrow, so that means a nice long ride! Bye-bye Winter, We'll hardly miss ye!
    Barb

R80/7, R75/6
    A bunch of Brits

Talking

Welcome Barb. You have to Come to the National Rally to learn the secret handshake.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Welcome from "All Most Heaven"

Welcome to the group Barbara Jean....I like your style of expression. You sound like you have a lot to offer to the "conversation". Sorry for your recent loss. Recently "endured" my 70th birthday with a 170 mile ride through "our mountains" here in West Virginia!