Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Throttle Body Synchronizer

Also a similar danger on the R bikes. Do not adjust the BBS. Make the adjustment at the right hand cable base, after putting slack, if it is not there, into the throttle cables. But that may only be true on the 1200s. 1100 and 1150, I don't know. And I don't know if I'm saying that right either.
    The point is, compare notes from more than one source, and maybe get someone with some experience to help you.
    dc

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The OP has a K1200S (4 cyl)
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to do a throttle body synch on a 4 cyl. K bike.
    We've put close to 500,000 miles on K bikes and none of them have ever needed a throttle body synch.
    On the Wedges I have not seen any talk of adjustments. Doesn't the single cable operate a common bar on all injectors? I'll verify that and say yes.
    No cable stretch to equalize and no large displacement twin cylinders to balance. Now you may get crudded up injectors if you don't ride much...

The last 4 cylinder that gave me balancing fits was a carburated 70's Honda 750-4
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by RoboRider View Post
    I've done that! Fortunately, it only takes a second to re zero. But again, just looking, the harmonizer looks very cool Anyone want a used Twin Max at a 50% discount so I can buy the Harmonizer? I like new toys!
    I noticed the knob broken on my zero adjustment on my Twinmax the other day
    ( I might have pushed the drawer shut on it). I have it working...but ordered a Harmonizer to add to the big red toybox anyways.
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Well, after reading up on this a bit, it's pretty clear that I do not need a TBS for my K12. As for my old airhead, I use my ancient Uni-Syn.

As we speak (or post) Grok, the Harmonizer wizard or wonk is developing a 4 cylinder Harmonizer. Numerous inquiries have indicated there is a demand, or maybe quite a demand for the 4 cylinder capable Harmonizer.
    Now myself, having never been a 4 cylinder person, have no knowledge as to which bikes they intend to use the device on.
    dc

Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    As we speak (or post) Grok, the Harmonizer wizard or wonk is developing a 4 cylinder Harmonizer. Numerous inquiries have indicated there is a demand, or maybe quite a demand for the 4 cylinder capable Harmonizer.
    Now myself, having never been a 4 cylinder person, have no knowledge as to which bikes they intend to use the device on.
    dc
    A Toyota
    Steve Henson

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I noticed the knob broken on my zero adjustment on my Twinmax the other day
    ( I might have pushed the drawer shut on it). I have it working...but ordered a Harmonizer to add to the big red toybox anyways.
    My problem is that I like tools as much as bikes. Let us know how you like the Harmonizer since you will have used them both.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Used the new Harmonizer the other day...I'm impressed. I meant to take pictures of the comparison...I'll try next time.

It reacts to changes turning the BBS more visually"quicker" on the LED display than the TwinMax analog display. I swapped them out a few times and repeated the adjustments to compare. Ran the bike with large fan in the front and up to 3500 RPM to test throttle balance under load. The Harmonizer was easier to read from any angle and seemed to show the tiniest of adjustments with no needle bounce.

Both end results were the same, though I feel the Harmonizer is closer due to the "zero" out margin of error on the TwinMax.
    The smiley face on the LED display when you are close to balance made me smile as well.

Now I guess I'll replace the broken pot knob on the TwinMax. I'll use it as a back up now as well and it will be the travel tool.
    Steve Henson

What I really appreciate about the Harmonizer is that you can put it on the dash of your bike, and go for a ride and adjust things "on the fly".

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    What I really appreciate about the Harmonizer is that you can put it on the dash of your bike, and go for a ride and adjust things "on the fly".

Ken
    I tried that with the TwinM...the Harmonizer lends itself to that task better for sure.
    Steve Henson

Harmonizer

where can I buy the Harmonizer carb balancer?.I have looked on ADV but there is no paypal button on grocs add.thanks

My understanding is that he sold his production run and decided to quit. Or sell to a company that would produce them. So it looks like, until further production, you can't get one.
    Look further on advrider or pm to him. He is GROK, I think.
    dc

Shoot Grok a PM on advrider and ask him.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Source for Harmonizer

Anyone have a current source for a Harmonizer ?
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

15. 09-16-2012, 09:45 AM

The Harmonizer is back!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16262674

Ordered one today.

Cheers!
    Chris

2009 BMW R1200RT (Shaun), 2004 MINI Cooper S (Gromit), 2006 BMW X3 (Wallace)