Thread: 21st Annual Wild Goose Run

REBECCAV

21st Annual Wild Goose Run

Today was the 21st Annual Wild Goose Run here in Wisconsin. It is a meeting and brunch for all six of the Wisconsin BMW Clubs: Port Washington BMW Club, Belle City Beemers, Badger Club, Madison Club, Green Bay Club, and the Wisconsin Club.

I met and rode in with the Wisconsin Club this year. When I left my house this morning it was rainy and chilly, but by the time I met everyone at Hardees for the hour and a half ride to brunch it had cleared and it was getting warmer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

REBECCAV
    Every year we converge on the Nile Pyramid Club restaurant just outside of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin to kick off the riding season. There are door prizes, various announcements, and a travelling trophy is awarded to the club with the highest percentage of members present.

This year the Port Washington Club won with 81% of their members present.

REBECCAV
    Last year at the Goose I took this picture of Sue R-M on our friend Virgil's GS. I think that she liked it because.........

REBECCAV
    ..............this year she showed up on her very own 1150GS!!!!! It's a beautiful machine. I'll let her tell you whether she likes it or not.

REBECCAV
    manic mechanic was there too

REBECCAV
    After brunch a group took a ride and ended up at the Silver Creek Brewery in Cedarburg. The Mankes are shareholders of this wonderful little brewpub situated right on the water.

It was great to do some riding today and to see so many friends. I can't think of a better way to start the season.

Talking

i'm jealous.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Fun Fun Fun!

Awesome weather, Wonderful friends, good food, and 200 miles on my "new" GS. I can't stop smiling!!!!

Rebecca -- thanks for posting these pics!

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

USERNAME
    good report and nice photos.

i expected to see cheese featured for some reason...

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    So can non Wisconsite's attend?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Well, let's see, Chasman was there, along with Karol Patzer, Nancee, and a few other folks from surrounding states. And Karol got Long Distance Female for riding in from Branson! RocRoc got LD Male, from Indiana.

All told, 'twas a very good time. Saw lots of folks I hadn't seen since last rally season. Also saw a couple that I was really hoping could make it. One guy in particular, was severely injured last year on his way home from the Hiawatha from a deer strike. Yet he rode in! Hooray for Apple Dan!

Thanks to BG for the pix and commentary. As I like to tell folks who otherwise wouldn't understand, it's a gathering of the clans, all the clubs in the state get together for brunch. Because we can!
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair