Quote Originally Posted by 57525 View Post
After 1800 miles,there are a few glitches. My XM has stopped working. There is a propietary BMW cable to connect your Ipod. However,due to the close proximity of the IPOD location,lower right fairing pocket,it overheats the ipod after about 20 minutes of use. Other than those electronic gremlins and poor design,this bike rocks. I;ve owned my share of bmw's as well as everything else out there.
57525, I fully agree with you: Our BMW K1600GT is the finest motorcycle I've ever owned.

I started riding on the street in March of 1969 on a used 1959 Triumph Speed Twin 500.

In March of 1969 I bought my 1966 BMW R60/2 from my off the base German Landlord while stationed in the US Army at Reisse Kaserne, Augsburg. That started a lasting love affair with BMW that has lasted for 43 years and over 500,000 miles on Boxer Twins.

My Son Seth (15) and I are crazy about "Gisele" and were putting 1.5K miles a month on her until the deer strike. I just hope as my Forum Friend and Fellow BMW Rider /
Owner that you'll not need any parts until the year 2013, because you'll not get them!

I do have some good news to report though, I received shipping information on Gisele:

She is in the hands of AA Transport, Shipment # JA 2335 and she should be here 3/2!

I did not receive that information from BMW Motorcycles of SLC, they were a real joke!