Thread: Oxford, AL Weekend Getaway

Oxford, AL Weekend Getaway

So...have you heard?... your MOA is sponsoring a Weekend Getaway April 20-22 hosted at the Courtyard Marriott off exit 188 in Oxford, AL...You can read all about it here;

http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/general_i...aways_are_back

Scroll down past he Gettysburg event to the Oxford details...(of course if you are interested in the Gettysburg event which will be a good one too, you could do that one and ride on down to Aabama the next weekend...right?)

The plans are coming together for a great time in Oxford. The rides and the menus have been planned so there will be something to do and something to eat...
    So ride on your own...ride to the Barber's Museum or to the Talladega Superspeedway & Museum.....or take a scenic ride in the Talladega National Forest behind non other than our own Ian Schmeisser! (sorry Ian)

The MOA Foundation is bringing along the Smart Trainer for us and we will have a host of nice door prizes too!

Registration is limited so get yours in today! Easy sign up is available online or by calling the office....

Talk it up ...and we'll see you there!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Bumping this back out there....we still have slots available for this one. Plans are coming together and it is going to be a great time. We would like to sell it out so get in now!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Tempting and would attend if only on another weekend. Unfortunately, this is the same weekend as the BMWLT meet at the Ironhorse lodge in NC.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv Blue
    2011 R1200RT Ostra Grey - gone

Will be there

... leading a nice, casual dual-sport ride.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Oxford, Alabama April 20 - 22

I am at a loss, if there a race that weekend? If not why in the world would that be the picture? for this weekend get away. I only see JR driving school, I do not believe it is going to have the number of cars on the track pictured.
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

Touratech Put Some Superstakes Tickets in the SWAG Bag

Just got confirmation from Touratech that they are sending some cool door prizes for the Oxford Weekend Getaway as well as FIVE Superstakes tickets! Should be a fun night of door prizes at the Oxford event.

The weather is beautiful in Alabama at the moment and another $500 worth of goodies doesn't hurt. Pack your bags, jump on the bike and get in on the goods. With fewer than 100 people at the event, your odds of winning are even better than the Superstakes itself! And who doesn't like to win stuff?
    Ted Moyer
    '06 R1200RT, '99 R1100S, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

"Travel'in" John
    Burlington, Ky - very mini "tree-farm" & the Florida Cape - Titusville, winter retreat

Sorry Ted...

Registration is closed! The "swag" will be nice add-on to those who reserved well in advance;
    and attendance may have been better had we all known.
    I'm betting a good time will be had for those who are in; I'll wave passing through!
    04R1150R

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Registration is closed! The "swag" will be nice add-on to those who reserved well in advance;
    and attendance may have been better had we all known.
    I'm betting a good time will be had for those who are in; I'll wave passing through!
    04R1150R
    I bet if you show up, we can find a way to register you on site! If you are passing through, you should join us.
    Ted Moyer
    '06 R1200RT, '99 R1100S, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

"Travel'in" John
    Burlington, Ky - very mini "tree-farm" & the Florida Cape - Titusville, winter retreat

Good Idea!

We are family, so that may be in the cards. thanks ted
    04R1150R