Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Not So Quiet Area?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    IÔÇÖm confused! I keep reading about dogs and RVÔÇÖs. Is this a motorcycle rally youÔÇÖll be attending? Sounds like a AARP sponsored event.

You wonder why you have trouble attracting a younger crowd to the BMW group.

Do I have to wait for the sun to go down to find the people having "FUN" or is there a good place to look in the daylight? I hate setting up my TENT in the dark.
    Motorhomes and dogs probably don't have anything to do with it. I think people are either intrinsically attracted to something or they are not, in my experience. I'm a newbie here and don't read anything but the rally forum; maybe your position has been discussed by others elsewhere, but I would think income, education, and image are the driving reasons for the demographics.

Stuff2c
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_In_Lima
    Motorhomes and dogs probably don't have anything to do with it. I think people are either intrinsically attracted to something or they are not, in my experience. I'm a newbie here and don't read anything but the rally forum; maybe your position has been discussed by others elsewhere, but I would think income, education, and image are the driving reasons for the demographics.

Mike, Please don't take this the wrong way! Do you own a dog, a motor home and are you a member of AARP.

IÔÇÖm confused! I keep reading about dogs and RVÔÇÖs. Is this a motorcycle rally youÔÇÖll be attending? Sounds like a AARP sponsored event.

You wonder why you have trouble attracting a younger crowd to the BMW group.
    Personally I've never given it a moment's thought. Just what exactly are you saying? Are you looking for a group that is exclusively for the under 40 crowd? Under 30 crowd? Should there be an upper age limit? Or maybe ONLY for people who like to camp in tents - no RV's allowed?

Dan

Stuff2c
    "no RV's allowed?"

If you can get one in your saddle bag.

They do have Air Stream events.

I think to get the true meaning, you'd have to read from the beginning of this thread.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I think KBasa said it earlier in the thread, "Everyone rallys their own way."
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Mike, Please don't take this the wrong way! Do you own a dog, a motor home and are you a member of AARP.
    No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Stuff2c
    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I think KBasa said it earlier in the thread, "Everyone rallys their own way."
    Spoken like a true politician.

And stirs up a thread thier own way.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Spoken like a true politician.

And stirs up a thread thier own way.
    It is all good

Sometimes the humor doesn't come through on the first try... Now I get it
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

No RV's??? Don't tell BoxerGrrlie!

But seriously, let's think about this. No matter how much practical use we get from our bikes, we still overwhelmingly enjoy transporting ourselves on them. That makes them Recreational Vehicles.

Feeling philosophical,

The Veg
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Unregistered

Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by D'Lilah
    Thanks, Dan. I will reserve my opinion of Fritz until I meet him, something he might choose to do with respect to me and my dogs as well.
    Well I'll be there and I'm bringing my cat!
    I'll warn you right now, my cat does not like dogs!!!

http://fritzc.smugmug.com/photos/23513236-L.jpg

Afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

http://www.amishdonkey.com/laughing-cat.php

Imho

If you are gonna have a small rally in a park or field it should be limited to what you bring on or pull with a motorcycle. Everyone else is welcome to stay off-site and do as you please. But, when you have the facilities, like the RA in TN last year, you can have mc camping, RV camping, cabins, and a lodge all nearby. That seems to be a great solution. My gripe is when the mc campers are furthest away and last considered. Because,to me, that is what motorcycle rallies are all about. The campfire is the entertainment!

Unregistered

Talking

Thats some funny S--T. I don't care who you are!

callmethebreeze

You're brave. Knowing some of the folks who will be coming, your cat better be packing some serious heat.

callmethebreeze

Rallies are for Riders

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF
    If you are gonna have a small rally in a park or field it should be limited to what you bring on or pull with a motorcycle. Everyone else is welcome to stay off-site and do as you please. But, when you have the facilities, like the RA in TN last year, you can have mc camping, RV camping, cabins, and a lodge all nearby. That seems to be a great solution. My gripe is when the mc campers are furthest away and last considered. Because,to me, that is what motorcycle rallies are all about. The campfire is the entertainment!

I agree Mark. I just returned from a local event, The Charter Oak Rally with a couple of hundred participants, 2-3 trailers and one 'Bago. The camping areas were varied and well appointed. The food and entertainment were great. Everyone was friendly and a good time was had by all.
    Big rallies cast a wide net. I trust that the brain trust at BMWMOA Lima will site the camper/riders in a good spot preferably away from the 'Bagos and their generators. I like to have my bike close to my tent so hopefully there will be access lanes to avoid tent slalloming(sp).
    hooyah