Thread: Not So Quiet Area?

Hybrid View

Not So Quiet Area?

I hope someone can let me know in advance where the "Not So Quiet Area" will be on the campground in Lima. I don't want to end up in the doghouse and really don't want to piss anyone off. That is not my intention. In the past I have been been told I have a loud voice and it carry's. Sorry bout that. I have since learned how to make the necessary adjustments. I do like to have a good time and look fwd. to tilting a few with y'all in Beemerville See you at "The Bean" and Thank You in Advance Coast Guard John

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Usually the way the layout is set up, is there is a quiet area, and then there is every place else. When you get to registration, just ask. Also you can check out http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally05/index.htm which will have more information posted, such as a rally map.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Long Gone
    I posted a question regarding a rally map last month. Sue noted she expected the map to be available by mid-April (I'm not holding her to that! We should have plenty of time to plan our campsite locations, quiet or otherwise.
    Chris

1973 R75/5, traded in on...
    2004 R1150RT
    1989 Yamaha Razz

Rally Map

Quote Originally Posted by Chris F
    Sue noted she expected the map to be available by mid-April (I'm not holding her to that!
    Yikes --- Is it the middle of April already?

The truth is: I did get the map done. BUT -- we are making last minute changes... For instance, when we learned 10 days ago that BMW's Mobile Tradition will be at Beemerville, we decided to move the Vintage Bike display up closer to the BMW trucks.

This freed-up a building, which will now probably be a seminar building. Ah - the shuffling of plans.... I LOVE THIS!

Brad Benn had it a little wrong though.... the LOUD camping will be clearly marked this year. And the QUIET camping will be clearly marked. Everywhere else will be "standard-rules-of-common-courtesy"

So - if you like to stay up with the big dogs and howl all night long, plan on camping in the northeast corner of the fairgrounds. If you like to hit the hay early and get up with the birds and watch the sunrise with a hot cuppa Jo, then camp in the southwest corner of the fairgrounds. And if you can play nice with others, no matter what the surroundings, then Beemerville is your playground.

Oh-My-Gosh... we are getting so excited! Bring some friends.... this is going to be awesome!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Director - Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    Brad Benn had it a little wrong though.... the LOUD camping will be clearly marked this year.
    Oh, so that is how you are going to let everyone know where I am camping, by calling it the LOUD area. Coooooolll
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    And if you can play nice with others, no matter what the surroundings, then Beemerville is your playground.
    Sue, Well said
    Thanks for pointing out the right direction Now I can put that compass that I won at Bike Week to work. Hope it don't break.....
    I like the gardens in Oh10 because they grow beer.

James.A
    Someone please save me a spot in the LOUD area.

Unregistered

Cool Loud Camp Area

As the current Forum "Bad Boy" aka "callmethebreeze" Banned User Extraordinaire, I'll be camping in the loud area. I'll be bringing my fishing gear. Do I need a license for Fugu?.....lol....
    Hooyah