Thread: NEW Ohlins added:)

NEW Ohlins added:)

My GSA stands up TALL again after I finally wore the stocker shocks out. 75000m, I feel I got my dollars worth from the less than perfect shocks from factory. I forgot HOW high the bike stood before and I think the Ohlins even make it TALLER. A GSA doesn't need to be taller!!! I'm ok with it at 6', but tip toes are in fashion again for me at stops. About a 36" seat height makes one big mount of a bike. Im a life long dirt m/x'er so kind a used to tall offroaders, but not quite at 600lbs. Sure footedness is an absolute for this monster or you find yourself when stopped, looking at your bike from a new perspective." Lying alongside it!" My 2nd set of Ohlins in 15 years, I'm happy again with my GSA1200'07...Also heavier sprung "by order" for my rear one. I carry a lot of stuff camping and all....Randy

Yep, Ohlins are one of the best upgrades there is. I put them on my 2006 R12GS and while living in Colorado, the difference was remarkable.

Now on my 2009 GSA, I plan to go to Ohlins once the stockers wear out a bit. Living in Florida, not nearly as much a difference-maker as when I was running those canyons in CO.
    Mike M
    2014 GSA
    MOA# 86571

Yep:)

My second set in 17 years, for Ohlin's. My '95 GS1100 and now my GSA1200. My current GSA1200 got to 75000m on the stock BMW ones and I got my moneys worth out of them. I hear many fail before that! My GS1100 years ago went a very long ways on the Ohlin's I put on it, without any rebuilds. I had 97000m on it when I sold it and probably 60000m of those with the Ohlins on it. Lot of Colorado riding for me too. I hope the suggested rebuilds are not true from Ohlin, as I ride too many miles to take'em off twice a year to have them done over. I figure they go much further, as before with me. Randy