Thread: New member from Oconomowoc, WI

New member from Oconomowoc, WI

Hello to all. I'm new to BMW but have been riding for 40 some years. Just bought a 2010 R1200RT, and I'm waiting to ride it, just as soon as I lower it enough for my 5'4" frame to reach the ground. Similar problem I've had with most of my rides over the years.

Current collection includes '08 Victory Vision, '00 HD Electra Glide, '99 Excelsior Henderson, '77 850 Lemans Moto Guzzi.

Any suggestions on lower tips are appreciated. I'm considering 2" shorter shocks from Hyper Pro, along with the extra low seat offered by BMW.

Welcome to the forum. I don't know about lowering your specific bike but I did use a Hyperpro kit when I lowered my F800GS 2". Like a lot of things...it would be easier to do the second time around. The kit was fine. Good luck. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2010RT as well. It's a great machine.
    I don't have any answers to your lowing matter but I'm the president of the Wisconsin BMW Club and I know there are club members that can help. Send me a PM and I'll help out in whatever way I can. We meet the first Friday of every month in New Berlin.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Wow someone else who can spell Oconomowoc!

You're definitely on the right track with the lower shock and seat. You might find that is enough of a difference. When I briefly looked at getting the RT the guys at Nicks BMW in Green Bay said they could get the seat height to 28.5 inches. You could give them a call.

I'm 5'2.5" so I feel you.
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    Really freakin' short 2007 F650GS
    2014 - Selling 92R100RT with EML sidecar and going to buy a 700GS Twin

Welcome to the club from Alabama. Glad to have you aboard. While heading to the rally in West Bend a few years back I had the opportunity to visit with some friends overnught at their beautiful home on the lake in beautiful Oconomowoc...took a boat ride down the lake to the band shell to listen to the concert...an awesome time indeed!

I have no experience with lowering that bike but good luck with it. Ride Safe and enjoy!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn