Thread: New Member in San Antonio, TX

New Member in San Antonio, TX

Just picked up a 2012 K1300S HP. Due to inclement weather though, I won't be on the road until Monday. I'm looking forward to getting to know other BMW enthusiasts. In addition to the K bike, I own a 2008 M6 Coupe.

Welcome from the furthest west of the San Antonio Riders! We live in Big Bend, but they're our closest club. Fantastic people. Hope you'll check them out!

http://www.sabmwra.org/

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Hi

Welcome ArmyDoc...You're right about the rain. I'm in New Braunfels and I got another 2" last night. I think you will wake up to temps in the 30's Monday morning but should be up to 60 by noon. But, seeing you have a k1300s, you will probably be traveling a warp speed and the wind chill will be around 20 degrees. Enjoy the ride, the Forum and your new bike.

DW
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

welcome

you have a tough choice to make on which BMW you will take out for a ride. I went to school at TSU, then it was SWTSU, and you have some great roads to ride there. I travelled those roads from 82-87 on my 900 honda. You have cold weather there and we have 50-60 degree weather here. Go figure. Enjoy your rides and welcome.

Hello Army Doc

I've been to San Antonio once. Beautiful riding areas around there. I am very jealous. I'm stuck on the straight roads of West Texas, but my R1100SA makes it more bearable. I'm thrilled for you. Thanks for your service to this country.

Jack Herbst

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    I've been to San Antonio once. Beautiful riding areas around there. I am very jealous. I'm stuck on the straight roads of West Texas, but my R1100SA makes it more bearable. I'm thrilled for you. Thanks for your service to this country.
    "hunnybunny" With a handle like that i would stay out of the biker bars!
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Welcome

Glad to have you in the family.
    Make sure you check out the local BMW club, the San Antonio BMW Riders.
    Don't know your schedule but our weekly social is Thursday and this week we're meeting at the Taco Garage (http://www.tacogarage.com/ ) about 7pm. There's other activities on our club website, http://www.sabmwra.org/html/calendar.html.
    I look forward to meeting you sometime.
    Till then, ride safe.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Welcome ArmyDoc

Just purchased a 2009 K1300S myself and love it. I live in SA too and have had the chance to enjoy some Hill Country riding.

ArmyDoc, are you located at Ft Sam? There are a few other Beemer riders on post.

Dave H

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrider View Post
    ArmyDoc, are you located at Ft Sam? There are a few other Beemer riders on post.

Dave H
    Yes, on Wheaton-Graham. Always looking for an excuse to ride.