Thread: New member in BC's South Okanagan

New member in BC's South Okanagan

Good afternoon all:

I'm a new member in the Penticton area, currently working on a 1984 R100RS. I'm a long-time rider, bought the Beemer as a retirement present for myself. I've got some electrical/ignition key work to do, so I'll explain that issue on the airheads chat site. I want to hook up with the Kelowna club, and also with the Edmonton Black Gold folks - the Penticton area is a retirement place for us, but we'll be back and forth between BC and Alberta until we're totally settled.

Dave
    in Naramata.

Welcome

Welcome to the Forum at BMWMOA. I used Google Map to find our where you were. Looks like a beautiful part of Canada.

I've traveled by bike in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Am looking forward to British Columbia.

It's supposed to be clear and warm up to 45F tomorrow in my part of Ohio. Planning to ride!

Thoroughly enjoyed the three airheads I've owned. Hope your project goes well and you're riding soon.

George
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Welcome to the BMOA Club Dave. Hope you enjoy both the Club and your new motorcycle.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Hi Dave

Welcome to BMWMOA and the Forum. You will find lots of info over on the Airheads Forum. I like your choice of bikes also; you probably can figure out why.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Ed Kilner #176066
    Welcome!

I'm fairly new here too, and really enjoy the forum. Very informative.

Not much riding here in Ontario as yet, you will be better off, i suspect.

Planning a trip to the Island in June to see a friend now living there and will get to see some of the province mainland too. Haven't been out to BC since 1981, and never on a bike.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Welcome Dave,
    The Kelowna club is actually the Valley Club. Check out our web site Valleybmwriders.com Lots of members down your end of the valley.
    Martin
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Welcome Dave. Good luck with the RS, in my opinion one of the best looking bikes ever made.

We'll be riding up through your area in May on our way to Hyder, AK. Will probably miss you a bit as we head west on Hwy 3 from Osoyoos so we can ride through Fraser Canyon. Beautiful place you live in.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost