Thread: Rally T-shirt designs

Hybrid View

Rally T-shirt designs

I'm hoping this year's rally committee has gotten some feedback on t-shirt designs, specifically the lack of nice colorful designs on the back of the shirts.

We had a great logo design last year and it was only replicated on the front pocket area (the back was a bunch of type!). What a waste!

Let's get back to those great looking shirts like the ones from Johnson City or (my favorite) the one from Wisconsin a few years back! Something we are proud to show off among all that HD stuff out there!
    Dave Swift
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

Rally Rat
    Whatever design you choose, take into consideration that a very large printed area on the back of the shirt does not breathe. This is very uncomfortable in hot climes. Specifically. the Gillette shirt was a real bear. I threw it away after about 2 hours riding on a hot day. It held the heat like a rubber shirt. :-(

Smile

By now it's probably a done deal (wouldn't you know - of all the things Chuck & Julie Manley and I chatted about at the MOA booth in Chicago last weekend - the Tee's was not one of them), but here's my two cents worth:

How about the "Howlin' At The Moon" logo on the front, and the back filled with the MOA's 40th Anniversary 'poster' like we've been seeing in the Owners News?!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

NO flaming cars or NASCAR t shirts
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

I think the graphics are cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by DARRYL CAINEY View Post
    I think the graphics are cool!
    I do not like it.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Quote Originally Posted by TomBarnhart View Post
    Whatever design you choose, take into consideration that a very large printed area on the back of the shirt does not breathe. This is very uncomfortable in hot climes. Specifically. the Gillette shirt was a real bear. I threw it away after about 2 hours riding on a hot day. It held the heat like a rubber shirt. :-(
    This is true. Tee-shirts are hot weather apparel. They also need to be 100 percent cotton for the same reason.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drswift View Post
    Let's get back to those great looking shirts like the ones from Johnson City or (my favorite) the one from Wisconsin a few years back!

Thanks for remembering the West Bend Gemichlicheit shirt from 2007. I liked that one best too.

Did you know that Chuck and Julie Manley, the chairs for this year, helped me design that shirt, and then Jonathan Tessler took our ideas and created the phenomenal finished artwork?

The design for this year -- 2012 Howlin' at the Moon -- will be another great shirt, and should conjure up all of the great memories we will make while we are in Sedalia this summer. I can't wait!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.