Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sea foam in Beemers

We had a serious hail storm in South Texas and rain got into my brother's Miata gas tank (gas cap is on top of rear panel sitting flat). It would start but die at stops so he added some sea foam and that took care of the problem.
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

Paul,to take this a step further,can I put a bit of Seafoam in the crankcase prior to oil change like I do in my car?I usually put it in about 25 miles or so before the oil change.TIA
    As an aside,BITOG is an excellent site for all things oil related.
    I've been a Techron user since I first heard about it.And Seafoan user about 10 years or so.I still use both regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Sure. Either will dissolve gums and loosen carbon in the combustion chamber. The carbon bits are hard and can wind up in the oil. Good practice is to dose a tank of fuel just prior to an oil change and to then drain any of the contaminants away with a fresh oil change.

But, if I had symptoms of a clogged injector while on the road I would dose the fuel and rely on the oil filter to catch any carbon particles. But prefer to change oil afterwards if possible.

Registered User Blacque Jacque Shellacque's Avatar
    Seafoam goes well on your cherios in the morning before you head out for a ride. Then just pour the remainder into the tank.
    No ill effects at all!

Honestly, there's a sucker born every minute!

Honestly,it's good to hear from the clueless occasionally too.Thanks for your input.