Thread: Sedalia, Mo. Visitor's Guide

Sedalia, Mo. Visitor's Guide

Picked up the guide at one of the Mo. Welcome Centers. Guide was current to 2012. The MOA National was listed on their calender p. 22. Looks like the town is on point in taking care of their visitors. Seems to have all the pertinent info needed; motels, hotels, restaurants, point's of interest, maps etc'.. Good job C of C. Can't wait to visit Sedalia. Sedalia Area chamber & Visitors Beurau 600 East 3rd St. 800 827 5295

Now every cute girl in Missouri will be coming to check out the bad BMW bikers.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 02-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

In my case, not so bad, old biker. I'll point them in the direction of Camp Gears.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Picked up the guide at one of the Mo. Welcome Centers. Guide was current to 2012. The MOA National was listed on their calender p. 22. Looks like the town is on point in taking care of their visitors. Seems to have all the pertinent info needed; motels, hotels, restaurants, point's of interest, maps etc'.. Good job C of C. Can't wait to visit Sedalia. Sedalia Area chamber & Visitors Beurau 600 East 3rd St. 800 827 5295
    Thanks for posting.

Just got off the phone with a nice lady (she had actually staffed the info booth for Sedalia at the Bloomsburg Rally) and she is sending me all pertinent info.

She also mentioned the city of Sedalia is excited to have us, and will be stocking up on styrofoam coolers, ice and small vinyl pools - just in case. She has a good sense of humor!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Talking Sure To Be One of the Best

That would be Carolyn or Connie. They are wonderful and are working hard to promote our event to the community.

Sedalia recognizes that we are coming to their part of the world but for a few days to experience all of the wonderful things the area has to offer. They can't wait to show us a grand old time. It is the "Show Me State" after all. I've been there a half a dozen times or more and every time I see or learn something interesting about the area.

Gonna be a GREAT rally!!!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    In my case, not so bad, old biker. I'll point them in the direction of Camp Gears.
    Gawlp!!
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

Bottom line is Sedalia is doing a lot of planning to host this national rally and to make all the members of our national motorcycle welcome in Sedalia and the state of Missouri. When this rally is over Sedalia will find out that they have hosted one of the fineness motorcycle organizations in the United States. The MOA will find out about some of the hardest working hospitable people in America. Really lookin forward to riding to and attending this rally.