Thread: QWI gloves sizing

QWI gloves sizing

All my gloves, not only the motorcycling ones but also garage and garden gloves, are sizes XL, or XXL: Joe Rocket, REI, Castle, to name some. I have tried BMW and Olympia in the past and also would have found anything below XL too small.

According to the QWI gloves site I would need S for the gauntlet gloves and L for the summer gloves. This discrepancy in what their size chart says and what I usually wear makes me extremely hesitant to buy online without trying.

Has anyone bought the QWI? Is their size chart accurate and is the difference in size compared to other brands 'normal'?
    Harald
    2007 R1200R

I have a pair of QWI summer gloves that I bought in person at a rally. I take an XL in most gloves and got XL in the QWI size.

I could possibly have gone a size smaller since they are a very soft, supple leather and would stretch to fit.
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

See review of QWI gloves in BMWON for this month.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Qwi

I have these the sizes are good to the indicated size. I am really happy with this product.
    '08 R1200RT Blu
    MOA 148050
    IBA, AMA

I just got a pair and the sizing is true to what I wear in other gloves. I wear an xl or xxl and ordered an xl that fits good I usually have trouble with the thumb being too short the qwi is plenty long in the thumb and fingers. I hope they help my carpel tunnel.we will see.

Thanks for the replies. I contacted Qwi. From what they told me it seems

a) going from XXL to S or M (as their chart indicates) would be unusual and L or XL sounds more like it.

b) their sizing of looking at the hand circumference will not account for finger length, and that's where I usually have problems. They sent me the length measurements, and yes, they would be too short even for the size L. XL might fit, but I think I really have to get my hands on (in) these and try them before I buy them.
    Harald
    2007 R1200R