Thread: crossing top of Tennesee

crossing top of Tennesee

How is route 52 for crossing east to west across northern TN?
    "all things in moderation - including moderation"

Never traversed it, but if I did I would definitely want to stop at the Alvin York Mounument just off 52 onto 127 in Pall Mall.

I've been on parts of it but it has been a few years. My recollection is that it is pleasant, somewhat hilly, curvy, green, paved, not a lot of trucks, etc. I usually remember details about bad roads, and don't recall details at all here.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

SR52 from Jamestown to Livingston is very nice. It descends off the plateau and then rolls along curve after curve through Alpine to Livingston. After Livingston, it is less of a roller coaster but still pleasant way to traverse the middle Tennessee area. It will still be hilly. After Celina, you will come to Red Boiling Springs which houses a museum. http://www.cyclemos.com/ I haven't yet made it to the museum, so I can't tell you much about it, but I intend to do so. From there on into Portland is fairly nondescript, but still a pleasant bucolic state route. Enjoy, it's a lot better than I40 or US70.

So far it sounds perfect as a way to cross the central part of TN. Thanks for the info.
    "all things in moderation - including moderation"

Was just lookin at a official Tennessee transportation map and alot of 52 is listed as a state scenic parkway for what thats worth.

The parts I've been on are nice. Vfroger has described it well. Enjoy our beautiful state!

Kevin