Thread: Robb leaves BMW

Hybrid View

Question Robb leaves BMW

Ash on Bikes has reported that Robb has departed very unexpectedly from BMW. There's much speculation, but apparently few facts known about the circumstances surrounding his leaving.

Robb Who?

Quote Originally Posted by walt3022 View Post
    Ash on Bikes has reported that Robb has departed very unexpectedly from BMW. There's much speculation, but apparently few facts known about the circumstances surrounding his leaving.
    I'm sorry, but I'm wondering who Robb is, and "BMW", as in the motorcycle, a dealership or?
    Thanks.

Always nice to provide a link... http://ashonbikes.com/content/david-robb-out-bmw
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Jeff Dean reported that Laurence Kuykendall is gone also.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r...er-bmw-na.html

Interesting development.

The 'shroud of secrecy' is normal SOP for BMW with both departures and promotions. To much should not be read into that.

Robb may be a victim of his own argument.

ÔÇ£We had 19 models covering just two and a half market segments, and we were fighting ourselves for these sectors.ÔÇØ

A debate with BMW MotorradÔÇÖs General Director Hendrik von K??nheim over the Lo Rider Concept may be a contributing factor but the stage that debate was held on was much larger than one product line. My guess is the stage was the direction of product development and marketing for BMW Motorrad and Husqvarna. At the Milan show von K??nheim a new plan for Husqvarna would be rolled out over the next year and beyond. Reading between the lines implied a new relationship between the two marques. How that relationship will be defined and who will carry it out into the future resulted in this. The Director seems to like input but once he makes a decision you best fall in line. Designers by nature like curves.

At least that is my guess and what I will be telling the guys down at the Official Fly-Over-Land coffee shop.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Interesting development.

The 'shroud of secrecy' is normal SOP for BMW with both departures and promotions. To much should not be read into that.

How long was Robb in his position at BMW? For the past few decades, the corporation does seem to cycle "talent" to avoid product complacency. IMHO
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

On a Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Interesting development.

Robb may be a victim of his own argument.

ÔÇ£We had 19 models covering just two and a half market segments, and we were fighting ourselves for these sectors.ÔÇØ
    Yes, interesting. A lot of product line overlap. Not that there is a complete overlap, but there is some product cannibalization. BMW volume may be up, but I doubt profit is keeping pace.