Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Agnes Air Mattress?

I absolutely love my BA mattress, the Air Core. I also have an ultralight Clearview model that would fit in a soda can but it has no insulation so I save it for hot weather camping. It mates up perfectly with my Big Agnes sleeping bag, which has a pocket underneath to slide the pad into.

The BA folks have customer service on par with REI, ever have a problem and they happily offer to replace, you don't even have to ask.

As for blowing it up, I also got a BA brickhouse? Waterproof stuff sack that has an inflator nipple at the bottom, the thing acts like a big air bellows and will inflate either pad in under a minute or two with no hot, moist breath just a little squeezing between the knees. Unbelievable deal for $20.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

It is actually called the Pumphouse
    https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/De...sory/Pumphouse
    Ted
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    As for blowing it up, I also got a BA brickhouse? Waterproof stuff sack that has an inflator nipple at the bottom, the thing acts like a big air bellows and will inflate either pad in under a minute or two with no hot, moist breath just a little squeezing between the knees. Unbelievable deal for $20.
    I have the same stuff sack/inflator that does work well, but Ted, yours works much faster than mine. On the plus side, I don't get light headed from using it like I used from all the blowing I used to do to get my B.A. inflated.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Hah it is all about technique

Sit with pad in front of you and bag connected and held between your legs like you were about to barf in it. Open wide, quickly roll closed, then squeeze your legs together getting every bit of air into the mattress. Repeat 10 or so times

Once you figure out how to get a ton of air into it and how to lift on the bag and squeeze at the same time to get all the air out, it is kind of a rhythm and goes quite quickly.

I use it to store the BA Pad, the BA Sleeping bag, awesome inflatable fleece pillow I got on sale at REI for $20 that fits perfectly in the pillow pocket of the BA sleeping bag, camp towel, head LED lights and insect spray.
    Ted
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Thanks;

I'll try my high end compressor to clear valve and see, Voni. BUT, I went and bought the REI pad, 3" thick, self inflating and love it with no inflation issues at all. The BA matress served me well for comfort and the REI still slips into BA bag sleeve. REI unit packs bigger, but I trade off for ease of use. Just open the valves(2 of 'em) and watch it inflate all on its own, my kind of service. Randy PS; Thumbs up to BA folk for their good service and rally support over the years, sounds like they have it together