Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

Info sent, oh yeah, when is the earliest we can show to the rally as I may be there late Wednesday???
    Richard
    2004 R1150RS
    1984 R80 G/S
    2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S

The GS Giants will be arriving and setting up camp on Wednesday so you'll be fine.

The GS Giants will be camped in the SW corner of the rally... center of the action.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This sounds NICE;

I was looking at sight map myself and see US there. My bike is all preped and ready, just its rider has some some serious mending in order for the next 8-9 days. I am not backing down, as yet. That heat worries me some(not being 100%myself), as I know it too well, been there, done that a zillion times. STILL worth all the GREAT TIMES had and this year seems even better. Ya'll "may still" find me among the most hard core GSAers this year, just give me some room to relax, kick back...MO BIGGA, I love it. Randy"Polarbear"...Same GSA1200, White of course

Quiet One
    I am just getting very excited about upcoming events. It will be my first national rally and my first time for real gs riding . I am so looking forward to meeting new friends , people like ajayhawkfan and polarbear and others seem to really spread their enthusiasm around.
    Andy
    2013 R1200GSW
    BMWMOA # 155500
    1st John 4: 7,8

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    The Scorekeeping Queen is feeling like a challenge this morning.

Oklahoma is now represented on the Gypsy Tour. Anyone care to guess how many states, Canadian providences, and Countries are represented? 2 BS points to the one who nails it! (Gypsy Tour registrations only.)

See above! Take your best guess and I'll award points tomorrrow.

Quote Originally Posted by andy57 View Post
    I am just getting very excited about upcoming events. It will be my first national rally and my first time for real gs riding . I am so looking forward to meeting new friends , people like ajayhawkfan and polarbear and others seem to really spread their enthusiasm around.
    I'm excited! This is my first big rally as well.

geno_rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayhawkfan View Post
    I'm excited! This is my first big rally as well.
    Me too, very interested in seeing this play out. It should be a great time and the GS Giant seems a great way to start out the week.
    Gene from the Gateway to the West, Missouri
    2009 R1200GS
    1996 K1100RS SE

Quote Originally Posted by gcrbmw View Post
    Me too, very interested in seeing this play out. It should be a great time and the GS Giant seems a great way to start out the week.
    You said it , the key word is play.

It"s what the Giants do best.

See ya there.

No Winner on the BS Challenge Question

As of 7am: 28 States, 4 Provinces, 3 Countries. NO WINNER!

Stay tuned for another challenge.

As of 7am: 28 States, 4 Provinces, 3 Countries. NO WINNER!
    Lt. Dan is working on a First Place Loser award... but it looks like we're ALL losers!

GS BS Challenge #2

It's time to learn more about The Show Me State!

We've put together a list of 100+ BS places to visit to get a taste of the local culture. One is this general store. It's located "East of Ava or South of Norwood as the crow flies". An extra hint: it's along the banks fo the Fox River.

Tell me the name of the general store and the owner's name for 2 GS BS points. First correct answer wins. Get Googling!

Ya'll first timers:)

I'm into about my 30th one of these big rallies this year, so I missed a few, but its STILL very exciting for me too after all those past ones. These things just seem to get better with age. The GSGiant is still in its infancy, a few years now and WOW how its growing. You shouldn't be disappointed. A really great time had and some of the best rider friends you'll ever meet. We'll be around for years and years to come. There WILL be also some of the best instructors/riders there to help you along this learning curve if needed. Seminars for GS skills,YEP/OARK and Sedalia by pros and riders with years in... I'm also lookng forward to meeting all again or first time....Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

KNOW it:)

Thats "Henson's General Store", owned by Betty/Duane Henson and there folks Ed and Anna. Since 1940. Champion,MO. is hard to find, not on a lot of maps. Nice...Need more? 20 or so miles to Norwood, closer to Ava,MO. Randy

It's time to learn more about The Show Me State!

We've put together a list of 100+ BS places to visit to get a taste of the local culture. One is this general store. It's located "East of Ava or South of Norwood as the crow flies". An extra hint: it's along the banks fo the Fox River.

Tell me the name of the general store and the owner's name for 2 GS BS points. First correct answer wins. Get Googling!

How many points do I get for NOT playing?