Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

The GS Giant's Adventure Summit is back in 2012... MO bigga!

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. WE GOTTA LOTTA GIANTS HEADING OUR WAY!

Please like The GS Giant on Facebook
    Please follow The GS Giant on Twitter

"Who's the GS Giant?" you ask? We’ll all find out together at the 2012 BMW MOA International Rally in Sedalia, MO July 19-22.

"What's a GS Giant?" The Giant is the winner of an adventure event that starts this spring and continues through the rally in July.

To win the GS Giant Adventure Event, you must be:

1. A good navigator that rides off the beaten path to the rally.
    2. A good storyteller with photo and/or video skills being part of the picture.
    3. A GS Gypsy Tour rider, adventuring through the wilds of Arkansas and Missouri.
    4. A decent rider on the track, someone who doesn't put their feet down.

In 2011, a bunch of folks had a very big time in Pennsylvania:

They rode together:

No.... you do not *have* to ride stuff this hard, we have plenty of easier routes for everyone.

They partied and camped together:

Messed around on the track together:

And made a bunch of new friends...

More information about the 2012 GS Giant adventure event will be coming soon. Watch for information here, on Facebook and through Twitter.

We hope you can join us!
    Last edited by Visian; 09-25-2012 at 12:32 PM.

ride first, then eat! and

Come one, come all! Ask anyone who was involved last year and you'll hear what a fantastic experience it was. Doesn't matter if you have years of experience in the dirt or just hours. Both ends of the spectrum were represented.

So, for the noobs, don't feel intimidated. Come join the party!

mtbrick

Had a great time in Marienville

Couldn't stay for the entire event, but what I was there for was fantastic. I'm looking forward to this year's event and will definitely plan ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    So, for the noobs, don't feel intimidated. Come join the party!
    This event is *excellent* for couples, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbrick View Post
    Couldn't stay for the entire event, but what I was there for was fantastic. I'm looking forward to this year's event and will definitely plan ahead!
    Hey, Rick! Good to "see" you!

Ian and all...Thanks for all the hard work involved with this great program that all of you are putting in! Being a GS'er myself, I am really excited to see the "GS Giants" returning to the rally for 2012! It was a great event in Bloomsburg... even with the heat! Hopefully this year's event will attract even more riders. It sure looks like it is shaping up to in fact be "bigga and betta" !

Bring it on!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

2 cents

Just chipping in 2 cents... I can not stress enough that if you have a GS, you really need to take advantage of all the fun planned by this group. I put my toe in the water last year, and was really amazed at how much bigger it was than what I had envisioned. I was unpreparred and therefore missed out on a whole bunch of fun. Just too much going on at the sametime to get it all in...
    I had been to the BMW Rally before and I had a good enough time, however getting involved with the GS Giant "game", increased my fun by a factor of 10. I had the original impression that this was for hot shot riders who could perform all sorts of stunts on a bike and the inexperienced need not apply. In reality, skill was not a factor at all in who won or lost the big kahuna. It was more of who could enjoy their bike the most. This does not mean a skilled rider would not also have fun, it just meant that the priorities are not what you might be thinking. I now look at the Rally as maybe a 10 day event instead of a 4 day event. Not because you have to, but because now I want to. Now that I think of it, 10 days might not be enough

To recap, if you have a GS this is not to be missed.

Thanks, Bruiser! Your words are great to read and that pretty much summed up our entire goal.

On anothe note, I have a guess at who you are based on your location but not sure if I'm right. Name, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Thanks, Bruiser! Your words are great to read and that pretty much summed up our entire goal.

On anothe note, I have a guess at who you are based on your location but not sure if I'm right. Name, please?
    The thanks, go to you guys, btw..the name is Rich Brew

Hi Rich! I didn't recognize your screen name and was going by memory on who was from Florida. I mistakenly thought you were from Ian's home state.

Hope you'll be back this year!

Jump in

I had no idea, when I jumped in with both feet, the good memories and the great like minded friends I was about to experience. If you can get to the Gypsy Tour, participate in the GSGiant or both, you are in for the time of your life. Come on out and get dirty with us.

Point of clarification....

The GS Gypsy Tour is part of the GS Giant Adventure event.

It's the only part you must pay for, $100 for three days of riding, eating, drinking and carryin' on.

Ozarks:)

In them hills, excitement exists this year for BMWGS/GSAs. Ian seems to have some plans. I rode there a couple years ago into the deep Ozarks in route to Tennessee Rally. What fun the Ozarks provide, worth seeing. Look up Oark,Ark, a very tiny burb in nowhereville, Ark. GS Heaven... Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images