Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shad Topcases

Can anybody tell me how the SH50 compares against the BMW top case for passenger comfort? I've read on the forums that the BMW case provides great back support for the passenger. I believe that the SH50 comes with a back rest and was wondering how well the Shad supports the passengers back. Thanks.
    Dover, NH

2014 BMW R1200GS Racing Red

Shad SH48

Not sure about anyone else. The only irritant I have with the Shad SH48 is that the lid will not stay open when loading and unloading. It appears that the tethers need to be a litttle bit longer. I emailed Shad on it and never heard back. Other than that it works great. I plan to head to the hardware store and make some longer tehters.

Mounting Shad 50 to r1200gs

Would anyone have mounting instructions for mounting a Shad SH-50 to a 1200GS they could email me?

Instruction sheets for downloading here under "technical details": http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/produ...12mar12mod249/

I'm not sure if it is possible without the bike-specific mounting adapter.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

If you're mtg. the Shad supplied plate to a flat plate (as in it's already on the MC) it's gonna be easy. If not, you'll need more than instructions?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.