Thread: Shad Topcases

Hybrid View

Shad Topcases

Anyone have experience with Shad topcases? Considering their SH48 with the brakelight kit under the mounting plate. Supposedly, Shad supplies BMW with their OEM cases.
    12 R1200RT, 12 Street Triple R, 08 Tiger 1050

I put the SH45 on my '07RT over 20K kms ago. Kept the contents dry in heavy downpours, didn't notice any handling issues up to 160kph last year over on the autobahn. Wish I had bought the SH50, altho I could pack less too. It was nearly a perfect color match to my blue RT.
    1983 R80RT
    2007 R1200RT

I put a SH50 on my 07 RT and the thing is nice. Better than a Givi in my opinion. If you decide to buy one check inventory first. Shad USA is the importer for all the suppliers in the US and they suck! It took me 9 weeks to get my case and then they sent me the wrong color (It came direct from Shad USA since it was a backorder). The shop I bought it from had they correct color shell in stock so they speed shipped it to me and all is fine now. But overall it's a NICE case.

Thanks for the replies. What color is your SH50? Trying to determine if the titanium would be somewhat close in color to my fluid gray metallic R12RT.
    12 R1200RT, 12 Street Triple R, 08 Tiger 1050

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzoommo View Post
    Thanks for the replies. What color is your SH50? Trying to determine if the titanium would be somewhat close in color to my fluid gray metallic R12RT.
    The titanium is the wrong color they sent me. I ordered the silver because my bike is biarritz (sp?) blue with silver lower trim. The titanium is a silver but darker, kinda smokey. It looks nice, it was just one more shade of silver than I wanted on the bike. So if fluid grey is a dark or smokey silver go for it. if it's a lighter silver than go for the silver. One more thing to think about is the "shell" is very easily removed and could be color matched at a paint shop or even ordering the rattle cans from Color-Rite.

I have the SH48 on my 2010 RT - very happy with the quality and fit.