Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1985 K100 Monkey nuts

almost final

LetÔÇÖs tie a knot in this thread. At least for the time. I will be ordering parts from my local dealer. The dealer dilemma is that it is not really local and doesnÔÇÖt do internet parts. The aftermarket is really faster even though time was not a factor in this case. If time were a factor I would modify the parts in a heart beat. If it were an emergency I would make them work. It seems from your responses the BMW dealer will supply the kind that need a little ÔÇ£glueÔÇØ to stay in during assembly not the kind that need to be forced. I will let you all know when get the Alternator Drive Cushions Over and Out Harold in Kansas
    Harold In Kansas
    1985 K100RT Bullit
    1985 K100XX/EML Bemel

I am fast becoming the worlds expert on alternator driver cushions, AKA gobbers and monkey nuts. I recieved the gennie parts from a dealer. They were the 5 sided shape that I expected but they were slightly larger then the older ones. In fact they fit into the pockets with enough friction that no "sticky" was needed to keep them in place. It took a considerable knock on the bench to dislodge them. It also took a drop or two of liquid soap to get them to slid together. In the comparison picture the gennies are on the top and the optical illusion is in play but the aftermarkets are a little longer. Any further questions on the topic may be refered to Harold in Kansas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harold In Kansas
    1985 K100RT Bullit
    1985 K100XX/EML Bemel