Thread: Electrical Connectors

Electrical Connectors

Can someone tell me the type/name of electrical connectors used on BMW bikes (e.g. Sumitomo, Furukawa, Packard-Delphi Metri-Pack, Amp Econoseal). I have a 2010 K1300GT, but I assume the same type of connectors are used on most BMWs.

I was wondering the same thing as I broke one of the crimped wires on my headlight assy on my R1200RT. I just used old fashioned solder to repair it, as I could not find a replacement.
    John.

Many of the connectors are available from BMW, but they're not easy to find on the fiche. For instance, on the K1300GT fiche from realoem.com, Group 61, Sub-group 13, shows this in the third pane (and there are more shown in the fourth pane):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

My dealer could not find the connector I needed for my RT.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    My dealer could not find the connector I needed for my RT.
    How good is your parts guy?

The BMW connector "repair" plugs are in the 83 30 0 4xx xxx part number range. The plug you need may or may not be there. 83 30 0 444 440 looks like a headlight plug (assuming you mean the one that directly connects to the bulb). BMW may have it, yet not sell it to you as the plugs are supposedly only for repair at the dealer.

The Group 61, Subgroup 13 plugs I cited above are also presented as "repair." OTOH, the parts list thereon says "Only for Repairs at Dealers," so as Marc says, they might not order them for you.

I think I remember someone on the R1200R board who had success in buying one of these plugs from Nippy Norman's in the UK.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    How good is your parts guy?

The BMW connector "repair" plugs are in the 83 30 0 4xx xxx part number range. The plug you need may or may not be there. 83 30 0 444 440 looks like a headlight plug (assuming you mean the one that directly connects to the bulb). BMW may have it, yet not sell it to you as the plugs are supposedly only for repair at the dealer.
    Not good with the fiche. We looked through his boxes looking for a match, no luck. Finally, I just soldered it.
    John.

'Forgiven'
    Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Not good with the fiche. We looked through his boxes looking for a match, no luck.............................................. .................................................. ............ Finally, I just soldered it.
    works for me every time....somethings just aren't worth the effort
    Dana

God Bless America
    2011RT "Favor"of God

Check out the Eastern Beaver web site, http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...onnectors.html.
    If yoiu have questions they about electrical connectors they can answer them and thier parts are as good, if not better, than original. Even though they're in Japan the service is very good and the prices reasonable.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by NARVA.
    A German company, very popular in Australia...not available in the US.