Hi everyone, I'm back to owning a 1981 R100RT after 26 years. I just bought a RT in Red Smoke, it only has 16635 mi. on it and was sitting for the last 6 years under a tarp. I had bought a brand new 1981 R100RT in green smoke that was one great bike, but sold it in 1985 for a (BAD WORD) Gold Wing so my Wife was more comfortable on cross country tour. I have been a motorcycle rider for over 40 years, from cushmans (not a motorcycle) but has engine and two wheels (close) to Harleys, Tirumph, BSA, Norton, Yamaha, Susuki, BMW R75/5, R100RT, and 5 different Honda's, now back to BMW.

I'm now in the process of taking apart the RT and replaceing everything that it needs to make it ready for a trip to Minnesota and all parts in between come late May or early June, but now my Wife has given up being a co pilot as both of us are over 70. I joined the BMW MOA so I can get cought up on all the info on AirHeads I will need to put it back into top condition, I do all my own wrenching. I will close for now as this is getting long and don't want to git thrown off from posting this soon. Thanks Bob