Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brown leathers?

The U.S. Airforce Cooper A-2 is about the best brown jacket you can own. Also the Airborne, which is a copy of the A-2 is very nice and a better deal price wise. I own both and love em.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

On the Road
    +1 on the A2.. My wife and I have been wearing them since 1990. However mine seems to have ÔÇ£shrunk a littleÔÇØ the past couple of years so I replaced it with the new spec. with inside and hand warmer pockets. It also has a more generous fit then the original, which is still available. By the way, it seems Cooper is no longer in business. However, my new one says ÔÇ£CockpitÔÇØ Ôäó on the label and DWG No. 30-1415 U555-AC-1776. Not cheap, but every bit as nice as the Cooper.

Bill

Like Lord Nelson at Trafalgar, I can see the need for brown pants.... just in case things get overly exciting.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Taylor's Leather, Tullahoma, TN. Some of the finest leather available. Not so great for pants though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R75/6, 2004 R1150RTA.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Sounds like I'll need to go to one of the custom shops for what I'm searching for and I'm a little too "frugal" for that - at least without touching some samples first! I currently wear an issue G-1 when I feel like leather but after wearing armored fabric jackets for years putting on an unarmored jacket feels about like riding in a T-shirt.
    Talmadge Wright
    '12 R1200 GSA
    '14 R nine T

I bought an awesome brown horsehide jacket from Vanson about 12 years ago. Really thick and heavy. Last I heard they were special order. Extra heavy duty.

But I ride in Aerostich Transit leathers: black, armored, waterproof, comfortable.

Last edited by 39520; 02-22-2012 at 12:32 AM.