Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMW Motorcycle Sales Up 7.4% in 2011

BMW Motorcycle Sales Up 7.4% in 2011

and the top selling model in the U.S. was the S1000RR!!

"BMW Motorrad USA Reports Continued Growth for 2011

BMW S 1000 RR Superbike Remains Best-Selling Model

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 13, 2012…On the heels of BMW Motorrad reporting record global sales in 2011, BMW Motorrad USA posted a 7.4 percent growth in sales in 2011, nearly double the gain posted the previous year. Sales were fueled by continued demand for BMW Motorrad USA’s best selling model, the S 1000 RR Superbike, as well as for the popular core models R 1200 RT, R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure and the all-new six-cylinder K 1600 GTL and K 1600 GT.

The company credits their sales performance to improved market conditions, a broad, continually enhanced model lineup and a strong dealer network.

“BMW had successfully weathered the downturn in the motorcycle market in recent years,” commented Mac McMath, National Sales Manager, BMW Motorrad USA. “Now, with market conditions improving and the arrival of new and updated models, we are poised for continued success in 2012.”

For model year 2012, BMW Motorrad USA is offering the all-new dual-sport G 650 GS Sert?úo, model updates for the F 800 R naked bike and S 1000 RR superbike, the K 1300 S and K 1300 S HP Limited Edition and the Special Edition R 1200 GS Rallye. All of these models are currently available at BMW retailers nationwide.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

And I helped.

[QUOTE=PGlaves;739870]and the top selling model in the U.S. was the S1000RR!!

"BMW Motorrad USA Reports Continued Growth for 2011

BMW S 1000 RR Superbike Remains Best-Selling Model "snip"

No mention of the 3asy payment plan though. I predict a glut of these bikes on the dealer sales floor when the balloon payment is due.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

So I guess that settles it, BMW has definitely lost their way and has lost touch with the market place...
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Anyname View Post
    So I guess that settles it, BMW has definitely lost their way and has lost touch with the market place...
    Even stranger than that, It would appear one of the worldÔÇÖs fastest motorcycles is being purchased at a model leading pace by what looks to be a geriatric population, if we look at MOA membership stats......We are all doomed. There must be a booming market for leathers with a, how should we say it, ÔÇ£relaxed fitÔÇØ

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    For model year 2012, BMW Motorrad USA is offering the all-new dual-sport G 650 GS Sert?úo, and the Special Edition R 1200 GS Rallye. All of these models are currently available at BMW retailers nationwide.
    I saw both of these new bikes last night. Very nice
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

USN MM2 (SS) Saigon 1968 johnnywishbone's Avatar

both 2011. i didn't do it on purpose. it just happened. actually, i'm pretty happy about it.
    i put a 64 gig chip in the r bike's nav 4, so the stones and doors sing to the schuberth. after spending a lot of time on a naked harley, i find myself very comfortable on the R model in spite of the tiny windshield. one of the few benefits of being a midget, i guess.

BOXER TWINS. FOR THE DEVOTEE
    2011 R1200R THE QUICKER OF THE TWO
    2011 R1200RT, FULL BOAT, STD. HEIGHT, LOW SEAT
    AGE 67, 5'5", 150 LB. MOA #15165

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Even stranger than that, It would appear one of the worldÔÇÖs fastest motorcycles is being purchased at a model leading pace by what looks to be a geriatric population, if we look at MOA membership stats......We are all doomed. There must be a booming market for leathers with a, how should we say it, ÔÇ£relaxed fitÔÇØ
    I don't think so. I suspect they are being bought by younger riders who at least for now want to run with their Kawasaki and Suzuki friends, and are not soon going to join the MOA's old men and women camping in the mud. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

....., and are not soon going to join the MOA's old men and women camping in the mud. .
    Are you referring to the Cass Rally?
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Clay
    I don't think so. I suspect they are being bought by younger riders who at least for now want to run with their Kawasaki and Suzuki friends, and are not soon going to join the MOA's old men and women camping in the mud. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
    Agreed ..saw only a handful of the S1000RR's at the July's MOA Rally..

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48
    I was surprised at how many I saw at the last track day I attended. These were tricked for the track, one was ALL carbon, I mean every body panel, etc. And....the guy was in the A group riding very well, and I would guess in his late 20's, his pit mates were on Gixers and R1s. When I have been at my dealer and 'youngsters' have been eyeing the RR, they sort of seem a little self concious about all us geezers around, like it might be contagious.....
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >132,000 miles my primary bike again,
    Gone: '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi
    '06 Kaw 650R track bike sold
    http://www.seagullbb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 58058D View Post
    I was surprised at how many I saw at the last track day I attended. These were tricked for the track, one was ALL carbon, I mean every body panel, etc. And....the guy was in the A group riding very well, and I would guess in his late 20's, his pit mates were on Gixers and R1s. When I have been at my dealer and 'youngsters' have been eyeing the RR, they sort of seem a little self concious about all us geezers around, like it might be contagious.....
    They can just but hope that old age is contagious and that they eventually catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ridewv View Post
    Are you referring to the Cass Rally?
    Not specifically, but I have heard it is but one such fine example.

I did not know Cutter was so young

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I did not know Cutter was so young
    He's not, and I know one or two others of us old guys that bought one too. But Cutter didn't buy enough to make it BMWs leading US seller.