Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Campers at Sedalia

Which ewe? 2 or 4 legged?
    George
    K1200RS, K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I am so looking forward to this get together of old friends and new family I haven't met yet! Barley and I will probably set out the Friday before the rally, zipping from Vermont to West Virginia before slowing down and winding our way thru the Aps and the Bluegrass. At the Mississippi we'll angle southwest to take in a bit of scenic Arkansas before finding a nice spot at the fairgrounds to pitch our tent.

Thoughts like this as the wind howls outside and the snow continues to fall (a foot so far today) really warm the soul!

See you in July!

Pete and Barley
    Since you are coming through the area Pete, the weekend before Sedalia, our local Club is having our rally in Crane, MO

We have it in a city park, and have arranged that people traveling to Sedalia can camp there for $5/nite for the week before Sedalia.

Crane is about 30 minutes from Branson if you enjoy that sort of thing, or good twistie roads just about any direction you choose to ride!

Just a thought.....http://www.motomo.org/MO_State_BMW_Rally.html

Ken
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

George, George,

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK1200RS View Post
    Which ewe? 2 or 4 legged?
    George, there is only one ewe in the picture. And, at my age that is the only one I'm interested in getting on the bbq pit.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I want to make sure I am camping far away from the flock of chickens and roasters!
    Bye bye 2006 F650 GS for a 2011 F650 GS.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    I want to make sure I am camping far away from the flock of chickens and roasters!
    Beware of snore tasters too. I love earplugs at rallies.
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    Really freakin' short 2007 F650GS
    2014 - Selling 92R100RT with EML sidecar and going to buy a 700GS Twin

TravelsWithBarley.com
    That would be me, Sharon. Well, according to my wife who swears I snore like a chainsaw. Personally, I've never heard myself and think she's making it up!

@Ken -- Thanks for the heads up! Barley and I are planning on taking a full week to reach the rally via scenic WV/KY/AR but you never know about the weather. It's changed our plans in the past and our alternate route is US 50 from WV to MO. The park sounds like a nice backup plan.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    That would be me, Sharon. Well, according to my wife who swears I snore like a chainsaw. Personally, I've never heard myself and think she's making it up!

@Ken -- Thanks for the heads up! Barley and I are planning on taking a full week to reach the rally via scenic WV/KY/AR but you never know about the weather. It's changed our plans in the past and our alternate route is US 50 from WV to MO. The park sounds like a nice backup plan.
    You're wife should record you on a tape recorder one night.. and the next night play it back and see if it wakes you up.

The last two times I have camped, I had people who snore really loud pitch their tent right beside me. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well. Earplugs and my ears do not like each other... Yeah, earplugs really does do wonders... but I can't wear them anymore.
    Bye bye 2006 F650 GS for a 2011 F650 GS.

Hear that ticking sound? jnerges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WI Sharon View Post
    Beware of snore tasters too. I love earplugs at rallies.
    This is the second nod to earplugs I have read so far. Is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by jnerges View Post
    This is the second nod to earplugs I have read so far. Is it me?
    Yes, yes it is.

At Bloomsburg I went into my tent without anyone too close to me. I swore someone came in the middle of the night and set up right next to me and started snoring three feet from my head. Nope, in the morning I looked over and he was about 20 feet away!

@Pete - I'm not sure if I'm bringing Trey or not to the rally but I know he would love to play with Barley again.
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    Really freakin' short 2007 F650GS
    2014 - Selling 92R100RT with EML sidecar and going to buy a 700GS Twin

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    I customarily camp someplace close enough to the reefer trailers so I can hear them running, so that the quiet wakes me up if they quit. Try it sometime.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Sharon -- I think the secret to playing with Barley is to have his favorite ball...or a small rodent in your pocket. Either way, you'll have his undivided attention. Or, of course, any manner of edibles.

The bummer of his devotion to me is that one of my other two goldens, Tullamore, is beginning to show hints of interest in the sidecar. Tully is exceptionally focused and extremely obedient, but without Barley's prey and food drive. He'd make an exceptionally good sidecar adventure dog, but Barley has dibs on the rig and won't even let my wife ride with me!

Trey must have added a few inches since the last time I saw him. Won't be long before you have to look up at him!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley