Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camp Lantern

Thumbs up

+1 Black Diamond.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    The wally world version headlamp with 3 LEDS is great-better than the name brand headlamps I've owned for yrs!
    Yes - but your Wally World product was made by child soldiers in the Chinese Red Army.

The one thing I find most amusing in the MOA forum are the number of people who won't bat an eyelash at spending $25,000 on a motorcycle, but insist on buying the cheapest possible product at Wal-Mart, regardless of the consequences to ethics, trade imbalances, child labor, or the environment. I've only once walked into a Wal-Mart (trying to buy a U.S. flag after 9/11 - they didn't have any), and I've never knowingly given the company a penny.

[/rant]

+1 on the BDEL products. I swear by BDEL products whether I'm climbing Mt. Rainier or looking for the fusebox when the power trips off. Ice climbing gloves, ice axes, climbing harnesses - all top-quality gear.

I have the BDEL "Apollo" model.
    http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...apollo-lantern

LED means the batteries seem to last forever. The battery level indicator give you more than ample warning of when the batteries are running out of life - like a couple of days of continuous use before they expire completely.

Similarly, I trust and rely upon my BDEL headlamp. Bomb-proof. Reliable. Dependable.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    Yes - but your Wally World product was made by child soldiers in the Chinese Red Army.

The one thing I find most amusing in the MOA forum are the number of people who won't bat an eyelash at spending $25,000 on a motorcycle, but insist on buying the cheapest possible product at Wal-Mart, regardless of the consequences to ethics, trade imbalances, child labor, or the environment. I've only once walked into a Wal-Mart (trying to buy a U.S. flag after 9/11 - they didn't have any), and I've never knowingly given the company a penny.

[/rant]

+1 on the BDEL products. I swear by BDEL products whether I'm climbing Mt. Rainier or looking for the fusebox when the power trips off. Ice climbing gloves, ice axes, climbing harnesses - all top-quality gear.

I have the BDEL "Apollo" model.
    http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...apollo-lantern

LED means the batteries seem to last forever. The battery level indicator give you more than ample warning of when the batteries are running out of life - like a couple of days of continuous use before they expire completely.

Similarly, I trust and rely upon my BDEL headlamp. Bomb-proof. Reliable. Dependable.
    I thought everything was imported , well almost everything. I've given up trying to buy made in the USA. Although if I have a choice and the product quality seems to be OK I'll buy USA or Western Europe over countries that are have a reputation for harsh treatment of workers

I can remember way back when I would buy union made if I could. Try that now

l checked the REI site and it states Black Diamond headlamp is imported . Doesn't say from where
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

4. 01-15-2012, 01:55 AM