Thread: Calfironia 2012 Traffic Fines

Calfironia 2012 Traffic Fines

If you reside in the great state of California, or it you are considering a visit, you may want to review the new 2012 Traffic regs and associated fines: effective 01/01/2012.

Posted in The Club > Regional West, as a courtesy... http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...853#post738853

Also applies in the State of California...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Welp, you do know the solution to the PDRK's (peepuls demokratic republik of kaliphornya) rules and your driving are don't you? There are two of them. Comply with the rules, or leave to a state that suits you better.

Frankly what you posted on the western side of the forum doesn't really surprise me or give me cause for alarm. FWIW in AZ in the late 80's and mid 90's driving without insurance was $1500.00 so the kali fine really doesn't faze me a bit. I also have insurance. We have been avoiding the state for several years now because of the high costs, even for visiting, crowds and some of the drakonian laws.

Avoiding fines is pretty darn easy.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

These are all fine (no pun intended), but what about the Linsey Lohan types? Are they reduced for them or written off as promotional costs? I love California...only in America, but really, really, only in California!
    '14 R1200RT
    MOA #46783

talking on a cell phone or texting

is more dangerous than driving over the legal limit for BAC.

the fine should should be more than $148.00
    Last edited by f14rio; 01-13-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    "Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750