Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Retirement!!!

Hard to believe but it's been 10 years since Paul and I retired. Surely the best move we ever made!

Scary. Yes. But oh, so very satisfying.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Hard to believe but it's been 10 years since Paul and I retired. Surely the best move we ever made!

Scary. Yes. But oh, so very satisfying.

Voni
    sMiling
    Voni,

Have you retired or just found something more interesting to do with your lives?

Jon
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Well, they quit paying us to live in Kansas so we don't any more.

But, I think you're right!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Well, they quit paying us to live in Kansas so we don't any more.

But, I think you're right!

Voni
    sMiling
    I've come to believe that retirement is just another way of saying........I've chosen to stop trying to fulfill the other guy's dream.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    I've come to believe that retirement is just another way of saying........I've chosen to stop trying to fulfill the other guy's dream.
    I view it as a luxury that the vast majority of the people in the world will never experience; at least not in a manner that could be considered enjoyable and satisfying, and with the freedom to do what one wants.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I view it as a luxury that the vast majority of the people in the world will never experience
    Sadly, the same could be said about clean drinking water, safe food and stable gov't/public institutions. However, to my point, retirement can be a polite way for one to part company with an employer. Just consider an officer in the military that has been notified that he or she isn't going to advance in rank. If they have their 20 in, retiring and doing something else seems like a reasonable idea.....

I am on year 5 or maybe 6 of not reporting to a formal worksite...time gets away from me and that's OK most of the time. Knowing what day it is is not so big of a deal...unless I forget something like taking the trash out

Still getting paid each month is something I enjoy and am glad it is a solid retirement system. I too believe my children and their kids will not be able to do the same things as I enjoy at my age(57). It seems some folks just do not stay with a company long enough to gain retirement benefits...whether their choice or not.

I have backed off on a lot of Saturday and Sunday riding as it's just crazy in our area with weekend riders. The only drawback of my Monday solo rides is a lot of food stops are closed Yeah, it's rough! But the empty roads sure are sweet.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait