Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gerbing jacket liner ?

Gerbing jacket liner ?

Does the micro wire extend all the way down to the end of the sleeve cuffs?
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

I will say yes. But not around the sleeve cuffs. The sleeve cuffs are elastic like and keep it tight onto the wrist.
    However, I also use their heated gloves, with ... gauntlets. Which very importantly keep cold, or wind, or air from going onto the wrist or up the sleeve.
    I certainly feel the heat on the arms. (I think?)

Ok, I just gave the liner the feel test. Yes, they do.
    dc

PS Don't forget the heat controller. Very important. On/off is no good.

+1 to what David said.
    Actually a dual heat controller may be warranted for liner and gloves. I tend to run them at different settings.
    08 F800ST, 07 R1200RT
    blog
    - Owen

Ah, yes, I did mean a dual controller.
    dc

Gerbings Jacket Liner

I just purchased the Gerbing's jacket liner Tuesday and used it for the first time today. It definitely warms you down to the wrists, but as said earlier, not in the elastic cuff.

I have Gerbing's socks, pants liner, and gloves also. I have to say the jacket liner is their best product. And the best feature may be the heated collar which you can fold up like a turtle neck and fit up to the base of your helmet.
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s. Gone: 97 F650st, 04 R1100s, 78 R80/7, 76 Honda 750F, Maico 400, Husqvarna 360 8 speed, Honda SL-350, Suzuki 250 Savage, Honda 175SL, Bonanza 100.

Thanks for the replies.

I have the jacket liner but haven't received the dual remote from powerlet yet to try it out. I was curious as the cuff area just barely long enough to cover my wrist. I'll try it out and decide if I need a longer sleeve length
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

I went to the mc show to buy mine. They fitted me there. They said, oh, those sleeves are not long enough, you need, some other size, which they referred me to which had longer sleeves. Good fit.
    But the advantage from buying from a local dealer with stock on hand. Try it on first.
    dc

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on the heated glove liners vs the heated glove itself?
    Eric
    2011 R1200 RT (1st Beemer)
    "Hey guys, watch this!"

I have the Gerbing jacket liner and the Warm& Safe dual remote.

Has anyone ever done any alterations on the liner so that the receiver can be stashed in the wiring access pocket and the wires out through an access hole below the Gerbing wire connector in the jacket?
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

I think I have found a simpler solution. I'll just Velcro the receiver to the inside of the jacket
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

If you're in the market for dual controllers, consider the Powerlet dual wireless controller. I have my controller attached to the clutch reservoir cover with dual-lock. Perfect.
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by THEO View Post
    If you're in the market for dual controllers, consider the Powerlet dual wireless controller. I have my controller attached to the clutch reservoir cover with dual-lock. Perfect.
    I bought a dual remote from Warm&Safe when I got my liner and actually got to try it out yesterday (0??C very convenient , I have it stuck onto the front section of the fuel tank temporarily. Thanks for the Dual Lock tip . I haven't been able to find it in the local stores in town. I'll look for IT the next time I'm in a big box store
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by sloride View Post
    {snip}...Thanks for the Dual Lock tip . I haven't been able to find it in the local stores in town...{snip}
    Yes, its an elusive product. I haven't had good luck finding it either, so I bought a large roll from a local company that had some spare stock. Be aware that it comes in two varieties: low-profile and regular. Low profile has smaller, shorter "nubs" and is good when minimum height is needed -- but it does not feel like it gives you the rock-solid feeling that the regular Dual Lock does. That being said, I used low profile to mount the controller and fashioned a leash just in case. It hasn't even budged in four months of riding over a variety of terrain.

For onesy-twosy needs, you can go to your state's Fast Past (or whatever it may be called in your parts) office and ask them for new strips. Last time I did that they only were allowed to give me two strips -- I mean that together they would make one double-side strip! State budget issues, don't cha' know...
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

flylow1
    I have found the dual lok at staples, walmart, and walgreens. At walmart, it was in a fastener area and not grouped with the velcro products. Great stuff. I use it on top of my clutch reservoir for my wireless dual controller.

I think you can also find the Dual Lock at Radio Shack.
    Dan