Thread: Once again BMW was a No Show at the Seattle-International Motorcycle Show 2011

Once again BMW was a No Show at the Seattle-International Motorcycle Show 2011

I am disappointed that BMW had little to no presence at the International Motorcycle show in Seattle once again in 2011. I have been coming to these shows for decades and for some reason BMW is a no show?

Sure you can find Farkles for our bikes from various vendors, but nothing from BMW it's self. They only chose selected markets to set up a display. But equally disappointing is no presence from the 2 local BMW dealerships, Ride West and South Sound BMW. Unless I missed their booth. I did not see them there?

Can anyone tell me why Seattle keeps getting missed by BMW USA at the show?

For the dealers I'm sure someone has done a cost-benefit and decided it wasn't worth it to them. My bike shop did the same thing after several years at the bike expo. They found the bike swap to be a better event for them.

Downed filled canoe hats
    They weren't in San Mateo(Bay area) either.

Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by Norsk62 View Post
    I am disappointed that BMW had little to no presence at the International Motorcycle show in Seattle once again in 2011. I have been coming to these shows for decades and for some reason BMW is a no show?

Sure you can find Farkles for our bikes from various vendors, but nothing from BMW it's self. They only chose selected markets to set up a display. But equally disappointing is no presence from the 2 local BMW dealerships, Ride West and South Sound BMW. Unless I missed their booth. I did not see them there?

Can anyone tell me why Seattle keeps getting missed by BMW USA at the show?
    Uh, BMW USA wasn't there, but South Sound was in attendance, with both a 1600GT and a 1600GTL and wide variety of other machines...I chatted with both Wayne and Brendan for a few minutes while being practically pushed aside by the crowds. Did you see that there were two exhibit areas, separated by a wide hallway space with the custom bike "show" exhibit?
    Bill Johnston

They will be in Vancouver BC. Jan 19-22 Maybe worth a trip up?
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Thanks South Sound BMW

South Sound BMW was at the Seattle IMS and was very busy the two times we stopped by.
    09 R1200GS

See our Moto Photo's:http://raptor02.smugmug.com/