Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whoops, how did that happen

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains

Opera run thru?

Quote Originally Posted by YB in IN
    Thanks everybody ...snip...after I get back from my opera run through. Oh, and I don't have a sword in this one, but I do get to carry around a spear.
    Opera run through. Carry a spear. Now I am scared. Who are you running thru with that spear.

Sorry about your crash. Keep riding it and fix it when you can. IBMWR Marketplace is a good site.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

REBECCAV
    Ah, the healing and restorative qualities of J?├▒germeister... I thought that I knew them well until I saw your very creative -er- application!

I'm glad to hear that you and the bike are on the mend.

Glad you are OK and hope the hip heals soon.

Whoops, how did that happen! Leads into the question of "Why Me?"

After seeing the pictures of the damage and talking to you on the phone. No big deal. I can make new running light mounts and incorporate the training wheels suggestion your Grandpa made. Your uncle suggests sparkly tassles and a bulb horn also. Let me know when you want to get together again.

Garths dad

Friggin bummer,that crash out of nowhere.
    Glad you're OK.
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar

Dang dude

It sucks to scratch up the bike and get the hip bruise thing over a little rain. Guess we never know where that skid demon lurks.

Fair warning!! you will have to navigate gravel to get to the Solstace ride, so be careful ok?
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

JOECUBANA
    Hey Garth,
    Glad that all the parts are woking as they should! (But you WILL be sore tomorrow! )

But, on behalf of me and the other old guys out here...I just can't agree with your statement:

[QUOTE=YB in IN] I landed right on my hip, which if I was an old dude would mean that I would have broken it, but I didn't.

Just because I broke my thumb taking mt rear drive off doesn't make it so all the time!

Hang in there and take plenty of painkillers

I'll definitely be taking y'alls advice for treatment later tonight after I get back from my opera run through. Oh, and I don't have a sword in this one, but I do get to carry around a spear.
    Spears are really in this season, I hear. What are you singing?
    Chace
    "The immortals are gone. Now we are the immortals."
    -T. Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by BE in IN
    After seeing the pictures of the damage and talking to you on the phone. No big deal. I can make new running light mounts and incorporate the training wheels suggestion your Grandpa made. Your uncle suggests sparkly tassles and a bulb horn also. Let me know when you want to get together again.

Garths dad
    Why is it that Uncle Curt is always around when I crash? Oh well. Oh by the way dad, the weekend of GMR just opened up for me if you are wanting to go. Robbie's bachelor party got moved to the next weekend, so I'm definitely headed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacifer
    Spears are really in this season, I hear. What are you singing?
    I'm in Mozart's Magic Flute. For the third time. I'm singing the role of the First Man in Armor, which is a part that is usually filled by a younger singer with Heldentenor aspirations. It's some good times. We open on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    It sucks to scratch up the bike and get the hip bruise thing over a little rain. Guess we never know where that skid demon lurks.

Fair warning!! you will have to navigate gravel to get to the Solstace ride, so be careful ok?
    Gravel smavel. The mighty K75s is actually not too bad in the gravel. If you make it over sometime this summer I'll take you on a gravel road that goes around Brown County and Lake Monroe that is fun to ride on. It's only the rain that gives me problems. My mom told me that I'm not allowed to ride in the rain anymore, because every time that I've bit the dust it's been when it's rainy. I mean what the hell, I rode when it was snowing mutiple times this winter, and then when it's 60 and barely sprinkling I bite the dust.

USERNAME
    My mom told me that I'm not allowed to ride in the rain anymore, because every time that I've bit the dust it's been when it's rainy.
    if your mom doesn't want you to ride in rain, then she is going need to belly up to the bar and buy you a nice shiny harley.

Quote Originally Posted by username
    if your mom doesn't want you to ride in rain, then she is going need to belly up to the bar and buy you a nice shiny harley.

I don't know. Between riding in the rain and riding a Harley, she'd probably want me to keep riding in the rain.

Parts is parts

Garth dude, I bet V V has what ya need kicking around the Sled dog garage. yep, Ya just never know when gravity vs the slick crap comes your way. been there! ping me if ewe don't have a contact for him. SS

Garth,
    I'm glad you're ok! BTDT.

FWIW,
    IF you do decide to get your insurance company involved, don't be surprised to see a very large repair bill - especially if you dented the tank. I had a similar 11 mph spill a couple years ago that resulted in over $3k in damage to my K75s. Rather than repair the old bike, I took the cash, sold the bike as is (it wasn't totalled), walked away with more than I'd paid for the bike 80k miles previous, and invested in my current bike.

If you keep the insurance company out of it and handle the repairs yourself, but let someone else do the painting, you're probably looking at a couple hundred plus the cost of painting. BTDT.

good luck.