Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 saddlesore

On the Road
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I guess I am missing something. Why would anyone subject his/herself to that kind of danger and punishment on a voluntary basis?

Jack
    Jack
    Danger & punishment can come from anywhere. Yesterday i wrenched my shoulder by almost falling off a short ladder trying to catch my balance doing some cabinet cleaning for the wife( blamed the shoes ) That was Punishment! Should have been riding.
    NowI have to go buy a sling
    800 miles has been my longest day with many 500,600 & 700s, so 1000 is in my bucket list. Since I started riding Motor Sickles in 1964 I think I'm finally ready

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by waxer109452 View Post
    Jack
    Danger & punishment can come from anywhere. Yesterday i wrenched my shoulder by almost falling off a short ladder trying to catch my balance doing some cabinet cleaning for the wife( blamed the shoes ) That was Punishment! Should have been riding.
    NowI have to go buy a sling
    800 miles has been my longest day with many 500,600 & 700s, so 1000 is in my bucket list. Since I started riding Motor Sickles in 1964 I think I'm finally ready
    Well I just thought I would throw out the thought. I had my first motorcycle when I was twelve years old and have never been without one since. I am now almost seventy two and still going strong. Thats about sixty years of riding "motor sickles" OMG!

I have faced many dangers in my 29,500 hours of flyng and 1,000,000+ miles on motorcycles, some 600-800 mile days. I have sat in aircraft for as long as twenty two hours and long days on motorcycles and know from experiance that although we denie it our senses and abilities are deminished and we not only endanger those who are around us but ourselves.

I ride for pleasure and now still fly for pleasure but always keep, or try to keep my testosterone from overriding my good sense. Subjecting oneself to pain and perserverance when it is not mandatory does not IMO prove anything, only a lack of good sense. I know for some it is always a goal as to "how many miles I rode today". For me it is always did I enjoy my ride today and was I a danger to myself or others around me. Thanks for listening.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Thanks Bud!
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (traded)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178