Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: BMWs at Chicago IMS Show

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    The Chicago show is full of cruiser types but all in all many MX, DS, ST and LT types show.
    That show is next w/end. I'm thinkin'bout going to it, just to see a different show!
    Weather depending of course. Are there motels near by? It's about 300+ from me here in the Cincy area.

  2. #17
    I will never ride enough
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West of Champaign Illinois
    Posts
    39
    There are many, many hotels in the area. It is close to Ohare airport. Do a web search on Rosemont Horizon and many will come up.

    SPCLED

    2011 R1200RT

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by SPCLED View Post
    There are many, many hotels in the area. It is close to Ohare airport. Do a web search on Rosemont Horizon and many will come up.
    Thanks, I did take a look and it appears to be plenty of them.

    Should be able to find something close. Don't care to drink & drive at all anymore, and many seem to have rest / bar on premises. Now if the weather just holds??

  4. #19
    I will never ride enough
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West of Champaign Illinois
    Posts
    39
    The weather is guessing that the temps will be around 30 and sunny on Fri/Sat and cloudy on Sun.

    If you like pizza, there is a Giordano's just down the road from the bike show.

    Have a good time. I am attending on Sunday.

    SPCLED

    2011 R1200RT

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by SPCLED View Post
    The weather is guessing that the temps will be around 30 and sunny on Fri/Sat and cloudy on Sun.

    If you like pizza, there is a Giordano's just down the road from the bike show.

    Have a good time. I am attending on Sunday.
    Thanks again, I'm planning on heading out Fri, do the show Sat,.head home Sun
    Chicago in Feb?..I'm going to play it safe & take my truck.

  6. #21
    ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Manitowoc, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,080
    I plan on being there Saturday also, and would like to meet any other members who might be there. Maybe near the MOA booth, noonish? How say ye?
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    I plan on being there Saturday also, and would like to meet any other members who might be there. Maybe near the MOA booth, noonish? How say ye?
    Well, OK if I for sure go, I'll make it a point to be at the MOA booth at noon!

  8. #23
    I am here to serve you. hankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Winfield, IL
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    The CTA station you speak of will be 1.29 miles north of the convention center. That's a bit of a hike, presuming even good weather.
    My recollection is that it is not that far, but I didn't actually measure it.

    Nevertheless, there has always been a shuttle from the CTA parking to the convention center if you don't care to walk.

    Props to Countryside for providing a commercial BMW presence at the show.

    And I hope I am not out of line pointing out that the Chicago Region will again have a booth at the show that is worth a visit. (Disclaiimer: I'm currently president of the Chicago Region.)
    Hank Barta
    K1200RS, R100R/Velorex 700
    Beautiful Sunny Winfield, IL

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKB View Post
    My recollection is that it is not that far, but I didn't actually measure it.

    Nevertheless, there has always been a shuttle from the CTA parking to the convention center if you don't care to walk.

    Props to Countryside for providing a commercial BMW presence at the show.

    And I hope I am not out of line pointing out that the Chicago Region will again have a booth at the show that is worth a visit. (Disclaiimer: I'm currently president of the Chicago Region.)
    Cool, again if I for sure go...I'll look for your booth.

  10. #25
    ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Manitowoc, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,080
    I'll be sure to poke my head in there, too.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

  11. #26
    iscream-stop
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rossville, In
    Posts
    162
    I am so ready for this show, It will be my first, We booked the hotel months ago across the street and haven't had a good pizza in months. As stated above about mostly cruisers, I hope that is the case so I can walk up and talk to the vendors that really care about riders and not chrome. We will see you guys at the MOA booth and It would be nice if I could pick up some BMW apparel like shirts and hats that doesn't say GS or RR.

  12. #27
    Registered User RapidRoadRescue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indian Creek, IL 60061 (AKA Vernon Hills, IL)
    Posts
    159
    Its nice to see the twisted throttle is bringing 12gs with their stuff on it.I want to check out 12gs with trax boxes on it since i'm undecided on my luggage option.

  13. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Well I had a change of mind this morning, so I won't be going afterall. No big reason, just didn't feel like riding 8-9 hours each way in my truck. And they are saying a snow / ice mix is headed this way?......{IF} they know ??

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    26
    I just got home from the show and want to say "Thanks" to BMW of Countryside for for being a vendor there. Walter (from the service dept.) was very patient and helpful answering questions about the 1600 GTL.
    Tom

    I took the road less traveled, now I don't know where the heck I am!

  15. #30
    iscream-stop
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rossville, In
    Posts
    162
    Glad you could get in the booth, I tried a few times and just gave up, I got over to the the place they had hats and tee's to buy some and after a couple people jumped in front of me, I just gave up. It was great to see them there but disappointed to see such a small space and unable to get in to see anything. My son got to set on a lot of bikes and decide what kind he wanted to try out in the future so it wasn't a bad show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •