Thread: New member in NC

stucknarut

New member in NC

Hello from central NC. Just bought my first BMW, a 73 R75/5 project bike. Well, mostly a /5, but with a /6 front end, a 100RS seat that doesn't fit right, and some aftermarket bits and pieces. Should be fun. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I get her back on the road, and look forward to meeting other airheads along the way.

Welcome!

Now you live in some good riding country! I was over your way in the trip to Johnson City in '09. If you ever come to the coast let us know.
    My second BMW was a 1973 R75/5. I drove it for many reliable and smooth miles. I took it to Guatemala one summer.
    Lots of knowledge here and don't be afraid to go to the airhead site to ask questions.
    Campbell Tellman II

Welcome! I grew up in your part of NC. Glad to have you on board!
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

Welcome.
    There seems to be a fair size group in Central NC, myself included, but I haven't met up with any other yet. Others will chime in with various plans and routine meet ups.
    08 F800ST, 07 R1200RT
    blog
    - Owen

stucknarut
    Thanks all. I happened across a BMW meetup over in Pittsboro NC earlier this year so I know of at least one. That will have to wait until I get this one running and the weather warms up again, bit of a ride from here to Pittsboro.

Talking The Others chime in

Quote Originally Posted by 175887 View Post
    Welcome.
    There seems to be a fair size group in Central NC, myself included, but I haven't met up with any other yet. Others will chime in with various plans and routine meet ups.
    I guess I can lead the chime in..

Welcome to BMWMOA, and the "joys" of getting a airhead running again

Lots of BMW clubs in NC, from Wilmington to Asheville to Charlotte to the Triad to the Triangle, and a few others in between. Check them out in the clubs listing on this site.The closest club for you would probably either be the Tarheel Travelers or Carolina BMW Motorcycle Owners Association,

If you want a place to meet BMW folks, you should come to the Sunday Bikers Breakfast,aka "Rev.Willie's Feast of the Immaculate Consumption" held every Sunday (9-12),at Carolina Brewery and Grill, on the edge of Pittsboro, NC, at the intersection of US 15-501 and US 64 Bypass. Lots of folks on all types of bikes,but it is sponsored by a MOA club from NC, The Gonzo Touring Team. I am at Breakfast most every Sunday, so come on over and meet the Family.
    Onward, through the fog!

2000 k1200rs stevepage1@windstream.net's Avatar
    welcome. Glad to have another Tarheel. I am in the North Western part. about 15 miles west of Winston-Salem.
    [FONT="Steve Page[/FONT]

New Years Day ride

The Tarheel Travelers meet-up is at 10:00 AM on January 1, 2012, at the McDonald's Restaurant at the intersection of US 421 and NC 210, in Lillington, NC (GPS Coordinates N35 25.134 W78 48.219).

I am leaving Wilmington at 9:00. Hope to meet you at the ride. Everyone is welcome.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Talking Sunday Biker's Breakfast

Our regular meeting location, Carolina Brewery and Grill in Pittsboro,NC will be open on New Year's Day. It is supposed to be a good day to do some riding and seeing friends. Hope to see some folks at the "Feast of Immaculate Consumption" on Sunday!

They open at 9 AM
    Onward, through the fog!

Quote Originally Posted by RevWillie View Post
    Our regular meeting location, Carolina Brewery and Grill in Pittsboro,NC will be open on New Year's Day. It is supposed to be a good day to do some riding and seeing friends. Hope to see some folks at the "Feast of Immaculate Consumption" on Sunday!

They open at 9 AM
    What is it like by 10:30?
    08 F800ST, 07 R1200RT
    blog
    - Owen

Quote Originally Posted by 175887 View Post
    What is it like by 10:30?
    This time of year, 10:30 is still in prime time. Not as many riders are there at 0900.
    Onward, through the fog!