Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Introduction

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    pcarfan
    Guest

    Introduction

    Hi All,
    Just joined and so it's time to introduce myself. I'm Roger, just picked up an 83 R100T about a month ago and have been slowly going through it. Last airhead was 20 years ago. Wow, time flies. Last one was also an 83 but an RT Last Edition. Wish I'd kept that one, oh well. Have had bunches of bike since then including a K100LT and RT1150.

    Current bike sat for several years and so the carbs are getting a good cleaning as we speak, did fork seals and fluids a couple of days ago, next is tires waiting to go on and then maybe paint. It's a T that has been converted to an S/CS. Was hoping to find a true CS but this one came up so here we are. Looking forward to doing some touring on this gal.

    Cheers,
    Roger

  2. #2
    Novice Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    2,690
    Welcome, new friend!

  3. #3
    MATTWALSTON
    Guest
    Welcome to the forum. Don't be bashful about posting some pictures of your mount. I'm sure a bunch of us would love to see.

    Happy Riding,

  4. #4
    Registered User alphashifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    50
    Hey, hey. Welcome.
    Hope the relatively mild weather of Northern CA's treating you right. Great place.
    +1 on the photo request

  5. #5
    pcarfan
    Guest
    Thank you for the welcome. I'll give some pics a try. This is the night she came home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    pcarfan
    Guest
    Some cleaning, a little painting and checking the mechanicals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post
    Hi All,
    Just joined and so it's time to introduce myself. I'm Roger, just picked up an 83 R100T about a month ago and have been slowly going through it. Last airhead was 20 years ago. Wow, time flies. Last one was also an 83 but an RT Last Edition. Wish I'd kept that one, oh well. Have had bunches of bike since then including a K100LT and RT1150.

    Current bike sat for several years and so the carbs are getting a good cleaning as we speak, did fork seals and fluids a couple of days ago, next is tires waiting to go on and then maybe paint. It's a T that has been converted to an S/CS. Was hoping to find a true CS but this one came up so here we are. Looking forward to doing some touring on this gal.

    Cheers,
    Roger
    Welcome to the club! Nothing like an airhead revival project over the winter to get your hands and head back into the game. Beautiful bike from the photo - good luck getting it running sweet, and again - good to have you as a member.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  8. #8
    pcarfan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    Welcome to the club! Nothing like an airhead revival project over the winter to get your hands and head back into the game. Beautiful bike from the photo - good luck getting it running sweet, and again - good to have you as a member.
    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post
    Thanks!
    Wait a minute! You live in Sacramento - you don't have winter there!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  10. #10
    pcarfan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    Wait a minute! You live in Sacramento - you don't have winter there!
    LOL, yeah, it's pretty mild here all things considered. Does get down in the high twenties every now and a again so we have four seasons but not too bad, no snow. Rode the R on errands for a couple hours yesterday, first time on freeway with her and she did well. Checking the valves again today, the exhausts were tight so need to watch them.

  11. #11
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post
    LOL, yeah, it's pretty mild here all things considered. Does get down in the high twenties every now and a again so we have four seasons but not too bad, no snow. Rode the R on errands for a couple hours yesterday, first time on freeway with her and she did well. Checking the valves again today, the exhausts were tight so need to watch them.
    Well, I went for a ride today as well: met some friends for breakfast and coffee early, then picked up a package, and then a doctor's appointment. It was 15 degrees when I left, and we'll have a high today of 39. Actually, that's about normal for here this time of year - it's just that we often have snow, too. Not much - just enough to make it so you can't ride, but this year so far it's been very dry. Bikes run better in the cold air.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by pcarnut View Post
    Hi All,
    Just joined and so it's time to introduce myself. I'm Roger, just picked up an 83 R100T about a month ago and have been slowly going through it. Last airhead was 20 years ago. Wow, time flies. Last one was also an 83 but an RT Last Edition. Wish I'd kept that one, oh well. Have had bunches of bike since then including a K100LT and RT1150.

    Current bike sat for several years and so the carbs are getting a good cleaning as we speak, did fork seals and fluids a couple of days ago, next is tires waiting to go on and then maybe paint. It's a T that has been converted to an S/CS. Was hoping to find a true CS but this one came up so here we are. Looking forward to doing some touring on this gal.

    Cheers,
    Roger
    Does your user name pcarnut mean you enjoy certain German cars too?
    12 R1200RT, 12 Street Triple R, 08 Tiger 1050

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •