Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: 2012 International Rally

  1. #46
    Registered User chasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,111

    Talking We Gonna Be Howlin' at the Moon!

    SEE YOU IN SEDALIA MildBill!!!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

  2. #47
    Rpbump USN RET CPO Rpbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,003

    Thumbs up

    Made the trek from Jax, FL to Copperas Cove, TX through some heavy rain and will depart for Sedalia Tuesday. I noticed that night time temps for the Rally will be in the mid to high 70's which is much cooler than Bloomsberg night time temps. Have a safe trip to the Rally, I will see you there.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

  3. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10

    Motel room needed

    If anyone hears of a cancellation on a motel room please let me know? THANX
    312 841 8884

  4. #49
    iscream-stop
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rossville, In
    Posts
    162
    They keep saying that all the buildings have AC, but when are they going to kick people out of those cool buildings? If the vendor hours end at 6 and 5 on Sat. and seminars are basically ending same times, which happens to be hottest part of day, are they just booting every one out in heat then?

  5. #50
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    They keep saying that all the buildings have AC, but when are they going to kick people out of those cool buildings? If the vendor hours end at 6 and 5 on Sat. and seminars are basically ending same times, which happens to be hottest part of day, are they just booting every one out in heat then?
    Good question. I wonder how many buildings are open after 6PM.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #51
    Ex-Camping guy sherpamayberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Earth, USA, Virginia, Alexandria
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by czrider View Post
    If anyone hears of a cancellation on a motel room please let me know? THANX
    312 841 8884
    Not the same as a motel room, but I have cancellations (thus tents available) in the Sherpa camp.
    Camping guy

  7. #52
    Registered User jsoque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Holbrook, NY
    Posts
    174

    Weather going to be hot again !

    Onsite intel tells me that it is just as hot in Sedalia, Tues, 13:52 CST, and temps over 100 degrees F.

    Long range forcast say the same for tomorrow, and nearing 105 by Thurs.

    Thank God, that on Saturday and Sunday it will only be 99 degrees.

    Wear your CamelBacks folks! and Have Fun !!!

    Regards from Long Island,

    Jim
    Last edited by jsoque; 07-17-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    '10 R1200RT - Ostra Grey
    '04 R1150RT - New Life in Upstate N.Y.
    '04 R1150R - New Life in Virginia

  8. #53
    Registered User DLilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago/Central Illinois
    Posts
    203

    Beer Tent - Here I Come!

    Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    They keep saying that all the buildings have AC, but when are they going to kick people out of those cool buildings? If the vendor hours end at 6 and 5 on Sat. and seminars are basically ending same times, which happens to be hottest part of day, are they just booting every one out in heat then?
    The Rally page says the following:

    "All five of the Exhibitor buildings, the Beer Garden building, Closing Ceremonies Arena, Seminar Rooms, and several of the restaurants on site are air conditioned."

    What I'm hoping this means is that the beer tent is in fact the "Beer Garden building" which is air conditioned and, thus, should be open past 5 or 6pm. So, that's where I plan to spend my evenings!

    I sure hope I'm right!
    D'Lilah
    2012 R1200GS / 2000 R1200C / 2002 Yamaha TW200

    My heart doesn't beat, it revs!!!

  9. #54
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stowe, Vermont
    Posts
    1,027
    I just pulled into the area and honestly it wasn't so bad. 98F but less humid than I was expecting. Mesh gear and a sip from the camelback every 15 minutes that was allowed to dribble down my chin and soak into my Ex Officio shirt got the evaporative cooling thing working well. That said, it was much more difficult to keep Barley wet, so we nuked the camping plan and are staying in a brand new motel in Warsaw MO, with incredible A/C and an indoor pool. It's also a short distance from the Truman Dam on Lake of the Ozarks. Parkville Inn, and they still have rooms available for $65 a night.

    BTW: 125 is freshly paved from the ferry landing nearly all the way to the vicinity of Springfield, and has some of the best banked curves I've seen in years!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

  10. #55
    Mike LngRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moore, Ok
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I just pulled into the area and honestly it wasn't so bad. 98F but less humid than I was expecting. Mesh gear and a sip from the camelback every 15 minutes that was allowed to dribble down my chin and soak into my Ex Officio shirt got the evaporative cooling thing working well. That said, it was much more difficult to keep Barley wet, so we nuked the camping plan and are staying in a brand new motel in Warsaw MO, with incredible A/C and an indoor pool. It's also a short distance from the Truman Dam on Lake of the Ozarks. Parkville Inn, and they still have rooms available for $65 a night.

    BTW: 125 is freshly paved from the ferry landing nearly all the way to the vicinity of Springfield, and has some of the best banked curves I've seen in years!
    no room in the Inn Fri or Sat nights. They do have rooms available Wed and Thur nights.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/

  11. #56
    MOA,RA,ABC,AMA,TT,MOAL brownie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    566

    Question ceremony seats????

    Are there stadium/amphitheatre seats or benches in the awards/ceremony area???? Will folding chairs/Kermit chairs be needed????
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

  12. #57
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stowe, Vermont
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by LngRdr View Post
    no room in the Inn Fri or Sat nights. They do have rooms available Wed and Thur nights.
    Wow, those went fast!

    I stopped by the fairgrounds to sign up for volunteer duty Weds and Thurs. The fairgrounds are really nice and the rally prep is coming together nicely. It looks like a small town taking shape before your eyes!

    It was 102F at 3pm, but the humidity was very manageable.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

  13. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brookfield, WI
    Posts
    9

    Hotel Room Available

    Anyone wanting to beat the heat I have a reservation at the Clinton, MO Hampton Inn for Friday & Saturday nights that I will be cancelling. If interested, please reply so we can connect and I can transfer your details to my reservation. Must be done before tomorrow 6pm.

  14. #59
    Fear is the Mind Killer modarin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    22

    RPU Course Information

    Where can I find the rider course info on this site! I saw it in ON and have received my confirmation but that does know indicate the location. Does any one know! I am arriving late Thursday morning and don't want to spend a lot time searching Sedalia.

    To the Rally Chair: I recommend that future rally mailings included all required info.

    Thanks!

  15. #60
    Registered User BMW_Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    92

    Registration Hours

    Does anyone know what time registration opens Thursday morning?
    Ken Martin
    2011 R1200RT
    Kingsport, TN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •