Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Introducing MotoSafe

Quote Originally Posted by amiles View Post
    I always thought it strange that no permanent forum topic header "Motorcycle Safety" has been put in place..
    We have discussed this recently...still working on it.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Nice Blog! I've added it to my list as well.
    Lawrence
    2010 R1200 RT
    2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
    http://lawrence-throughthevisor.blogspot.com/

'Forgiven'
    Thanks for the link and your endeavors!

..I never get tired of placing my eyes over safe riding and form writings. Winter is always a good time to refresh..as well to remind ones self.

After every ride season I always critique those 'not so cool' moments that happened during the season.

Yes, it would be nice to have a corner for this type of wisdom and interaction available here.

....or

Perhaps just join in on more...."word association".. down below
    Dana

God Bless America
    2011RT "Favor"of God

New MotoSafe - Calibrated Confidence

Riding confidence. Is it important? Can too much, or too little, be a bad thing? How can I become more confident? Are confident riders always competent riders? Some thoughts about confidence: (Read more: www.moto-safe.com)
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com
    706.897.8266 24/7 Wireless

MSF Research - Seeking Particpants

Is Your Bike Eligible?

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) are seeking participants for a ground breaking study involving motorcyclists

(Read more: www.moto-safe.com)
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

Motorradfahrer
    Ray Charles could see where this study is going. In fact let me save them some time and money by telling them the outcome.

Study

Quote Originally Posted by Jogitu View Post
    Ray Charles could see where this study is going. In fact let me save them some time and money by telling them the outcome.
    So, what is your prognostication of the outcome?
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Yeh, who cares about safe riding anyway. What fun could not crashing be?
    that makes it sound like we are not supposed to crash, you mean riding a bike your not supposed to crash at least one time in your life ????

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    honestly I think anything that can help riders become better riders is a good thing.
    even the school of hard knocks, I think the crashes in my youth on bicycles, minibikes and older made me a better rider in the long run.

side note related to safety:

the other night a friend of my wifes was telling me that she attended a riders course , for passangers. You were taught how to correctly lean ( lean the way I lean gosh darn it) what to do when a bike is being laid down, what to do in a t-bone, and first aid. She said it was a class that did not make the budget, her husband propsed and taught it for one summer for team oregon. He also taught moto safety for cops and he said there was lots of neat tricks that they dont teach in regular classes

I think it would be neat if there was a class that had kind of beater bikes, that you ere taught how to lay a bike down on purpose. Its a good skill to have.
    Now in my olden years, I meet to many people that wanted to ride all their life, go through mid-life crisis and get their first bike at 55 years old ( which is way cool) but have no idea what to do in a bad situation, and with old brittle bones, might not survive a simple slide or how to avoid a difficult situation.

ok, coffee is down for the morning

Motorradfahrer
    Quote Originally Posted by WooDmEn View Post
    So, what is your prognostication of the outcome?
    Let me guess, perhaps new riders to the HD bandwagon have more accidents? The brand and models tell you what they are looking at in the study. Does anyone need a study to find that new riders that wear no gear are an accident waiting to happen?

New MotoSafe

ÔÇÿDangerous FiveÔÇÖ Driving Sins
    The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) (http://www.trafficsafety.org) is a coalition of private employers and government traffic-safety experts who focus on reducing the human and economic impact of traffic crashes suffered by workers. The theme of the organizationÔÇÖs annual ÔÇÿDrive Safety Work Week 2007ÔÇÖ campaign is what their research indicates to be the top five driving sins; Read more: www.moto-safe.com
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

New MotoSafe - Riding Posture

New MotoSafe: Remember when your Granny admonished you at the dinner table to, ÔÇ£Sit up straight and eat your broccoli!ÔÇØ? Granny had your welfare in mind, and perhaps we can learn a riding-lesson from her. So, letÔÇÖs think about good riding posture, both in a straight path, and while cornering. (Read more: www.moto-safe.com)
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

Right? or Left?

Well, the votes are in, and we find that the majority of respondents believe they are weaker, less confident and proficient, when cornering to the right. The numbers? 57% report more trouble cornering to the right, versus 28% who feel less competent cornering to the left; 15% report they are equally confident and competent turning and cornering either way. So, by a raw two-to-one margin, weak-righties outnumber weak-lefties. LetÔÇÖs see what we all can learn from this survey, and mostly, from one another. WHY do we believe we prefer one cornering direction over the opposite? (Read more: www.moto-safe.com)
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

New MotoSafe

MotoSafe: Well, it's been a while, but here is a lengthy piece on mentoring new riders. Experienced riders seem to expect that new;y-licensed riders are competent motorcyclists - after all, they now have an endoresement and maybe even took a training class, but... If there is a newer rider in your life, check out www.moto-safe.com
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com

New MotoSafe

BRAKES Part I: "Stopping your motorcycle, on command, safely and precisely, under a wide variety of conditions, is clearly one of the competencies that responsible riders must have well in hand in order to reduce overall risk while riding. " Read more: www.moto-safe.com
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com