Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online rally preregistration is open

I'm Fred Flintstone

... and my credit card must've expired.

Ian

Just another rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonar
    OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2.
    Don: I've forwared this to the MOA office. Did you try entering "4" in the quantity box rather than using the drop-down?

Steve

sandee

Pre-Registering more than three attendees

Quote Originally Posted by Sonar
    OK, I need to register 4 adults and two children, however the drop down on adults only offers 2.
    To pre-register more than three attendees for the rally, you will need to complete two seperate forms. I would suggest one adult and one child per form. This may require creating a non-member account if only one of the four is a member as only one pre-registration form may be submitted online per member account.

I will be in the office tomorrow, if you need further assistance.

sandee

Secure Services Password Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Visian
    Sorry, but it didn't. Told me I wasn't in the system and to contact HQ.

fwiw, I have logged in and edited my profile in the past, but only with back room voo-doo from Sandee.

One usability suggestion.... can all that crap on the registration page, put a big "you must log in before you register for the rally" link first. the fact that you have to log-in before you register is buried in the body text.

Ian
    In order for the password reset to work, we must have your current email address already in the membership database. This is usually the issue I find. When in doubt, just email or call the office and we will reset it for you asap.

I had the same trouble as several of you have had with the pre-registration form. I tried all the tricks offered by Steve and others but no good. But, logging in as a non-member worked fine and very easy. It seems like there is something wrong with that, doesn't it? If non-members can breeze right through and pre-register, why do members have all this trouble? I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob

Just another rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1150
    I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.
    My $0.02 on lines is that it is entirely dependent on when you show up, it's all a crapshoot. I do guarantee that if you try registering first thing on opening day morning there _will_ be long lines.

My experience at the national has been there is always enough registration volunteers to ensure a smooth operation. After all, you can get only so many folks behind the tables before you start running into each other and tripping over feet.

See ya there!

Steve

sandee

Creating another account for pre-reg

I had the same trouble as several of you have had with the pre-registration form. I tried all the tricks offered by Steve and others but no good. But, logging in as a non-member worked fine and very easy. It seems like there is something wrong with that, doesn't it? If non-members can breeze right through and pre-register, why do members have all this trouble? I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob
    Creating a non-member account instead of using your current membership account can cause problems in the membership database that may effect the delivery of the BMW Owners News. It is not recommended.

The most common issue is with logging into the Secure Services Area to pre-register. If you have trouble, just let us know and we can reset your login and password to proceed.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I hope the long lines for the pre-registered people at the rally which I read about in another thread don't materialize. That would really make the whole process a little questionable.

Bob
    The most important thing to bring to any rally is a sense of humor and adventure. Those will be the key to keep the lines from forming. If you get stuck waiting behind a group of people, simply say howdy and start talking about motorcycles. Then the waiting will fly by.

Also the Web team and the Rally Committees are working on this web registration challenge already. So we are taking it seriously and trying to figure out the cause. Sandee's point about just zapping them an e-mail is the best way to go. It will keep the database cleaner and actually make the process easier next time. Once you get your stuff set up, it is actually pretty cool to get some other shopping done.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Talking

I can't seem to Git-r-done either
    Here's my credit card # BR549-ASK-4JUNIOR
    See you on Thursday.

I'll try again tomorrow
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by shuber
    My $0.02 on lines is that it is entirely dependent on when you show up, it's all a crapshoot. I do guarantee that if you try registering first thing on opening day morning there _will_ be long lines.

My experience at the national has been there is always enough registration volunteers to ensure a smooth operation. After all, you can get only so many folks behind the tables before you start running into each other and tripping over feet.

See ya there!

Steve
    From what I have seen regarding this organization the rally will be a blast and any lines I run into won't be a problem. This is my first trip and I am really looking forward to going! I just wish this pre-registration thing worked a little smoother. Thanks everybody for your input.

Bob

callmethebreeze

Rally Registration Survival Kit

Upon arrival at the Rally Registration Area you will perform a target area recon.
    You will carefully observe lines of fellow raly participants mustered into orderly lines leading to smiling registration volunteers sitting behind large tables engaged in processing activities.
    You will scan the lines and decide upon which to engage based upon the following parameters of priority concerning the last person(s) in the line i.e. that individual(s) who will be standing directly in front of you:
    Priority:
    1) An attractive solitary blonde female wearing a form fitting leather suit holding two bottles of your favorite micro brew and wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the following: "I'm an Oilhead and I'm Running a Quart Low,Can you Help?"
    2) Three guys wearing funny hats, Rounders t-shirts who are equipped with a large cooler, 4 lawn chairs and a beach umbrella who are handing out beer mitts filled with your favorite microbrew.
    3) Anyone wearing tall m/c boots, shorts and a cowboy hat (they must have a few stories to tell).
    4) Anyone wearing more than ten pins on his/her vest (it will give you something to read while you're waiting).
    5) Smeone wearing a full face helmet with animal ears attached. This could be a little weird but heh, it works for Brad Benn and he seems okay.
    6) Anyone wearing official looking nametags, medallions and other indications of organizational presence. They may decide to zoom to the front of the line, you can draft them and maybe smooth your way in.

Lines you may wish to avoid:
    1) Someone who ate the "special" this am at "Mom's" diner in Gum Gap West Virginia and is in obvious gastrointestinal distress.
    2) Someone dressed in all black reading Mein Kampf or the BMW Technical Manual while humming german martial music.
    3) Any couple of any persuasion wearing matching outfits.
    4) Anyone wearing a full Aerostich that is so new and stiff that he needs to be oiled to move up in line.

Necessary items you will need to successfully achieve your registration objective.
    1) A folding camp chair
    2) Small cooler filled with favorite beverages to consume and share
    3) Some type of conversation starter other than the price tags from your new aerostich. Suggested: t-shirt from the 1978 Stuttgart rally, funny hat (see above) or temporary R1100RT tattoos emblazoned on an intimate part of your anatomy
    4) Sun Block
    5) Sense of humor

Did I miss anything?
    Hooyah, see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Callmethebreeze

Did I miss anything?
    Hooyah, see you there!
    I think you got them all
    -=Brad

moa84843
    After a few attempts to register on line, snail mail looks like a much better way.

Ol salt
    A 1 min phone call to headquarters and a password reset solved my problem!!
    Those girls know their stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Weber
    After a few attempts to register on line, snail mail looks like a much better way.
    What seems to be the problem?
    -=Brad