Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Before the National... 2012 Top Of Rockies Rally

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    What are your TOR departure plans/destinations based on two or three nites
    enroute to the MOA? I like to arrive at the National on Tuesday afternoon.
    Will be riding Sunday from TOR to Nationals and also arriving Tuesday. PM me if interested in riding together. Should be many others also. TOR rally is as good as it gets. Great little town, park location, and riding.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

You show up with wander'in dave and lets have a Ex-Fed Tri-pack meet'in and plan a
    ride to the MOA National!

04R1150R AKA... travel'in john

John,
    Planning to dip my tire in the Pacific and then head back to TOR, then on to MOA. Had a good time last year at Salty Fog and have a couple of friends that want to do it this year, might be talked into going again.
    Harry from Jersey
    Harry Costello...nowadays I got me two good wheels
    And I seek refuge in aluminum and steel
    It takes me out there for just a little while
    And the years fall away with every mile

At's the spirit!

Hey pal...
    careful where you dip that front rubber! Next your gonna tell me your ride'n CA Hy 1 as a follow-up of the Cabot Trail! Don't you ever stay home! I look forward to seeing you at TOR; a little "divide" riding is just whats needed before the National.
    John 04R1150R... & red! Breathing is easy...living takes effort!

First day of summer is upon us.... mow the park & put out the fires, were on our way!
    Last edited by flyhi2cfar; 06-20-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: countdown till Rally travel

Where is a nice town/city to "take-in" a July 4th Independence Day in Colorado?

Will be arriving in state the day before, from the east.... somewhere along/near
    I-25 between Co Springs & Ft Collins... or maybe in the ski resort areas, I'm open.

I'll be coming into TOR from the West or South West. Can't suggest any Colorado town for a July fourth visit, never been out there on the fourth. Last July fourth I was in a Army Corps of Engineer campground on the Mississippi and could see the fireworks from four towns on the other bank.
    Harry Costello...nowadays I got me two good wheels
    And I seek refuge in aluminum and steel
    It takes me out there for just a little while
    And the years fall away with every mile

On a Ride

Will be arriving in state the day before, from the east.... somewhere along/near
    I-25 between Co Springs & Ft Collins... or maybe in the ski resort areas, I'm open.
    If looking for fireworks, most are cancelled due to the tinder dry conditions. Was going to suggest Breckenridge because while riding through there the other day I read where they were the only Summit County location still planning on having fireworks, but even this has now been cancelled. If looking for fireworks there could still be events in some of the big municipalities along the I-25/Front Range corridor, but I think I would still head to the mountains to cool off, and go to where most resort towns have something festive planned.

Spent two 4th's in Durango had great fire works then in 05 the fireworks started a fire in the towns grave yard. Strator Hotel great restaurant and bar. Adobe Inn clean cheap and motorcycle friendly. I'll be leaving Blairsville on the 7th or 8th see ya in Paonia on Wed.!
    Last edited by HexST; 06-24-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Knick
    F800GS
    WR250R
    Vespa ET4

Any OARK Attendee's?

I'm passsing through Colorado a tad late for the entire rally (TOR), but will be in route for Arkansas for GSGiants activities. Anybody from TOR going my way, I'd like to meet up. There should be 100s of riders going East from Colorado to MO., but how many for OARK, Arkanasas? I may make TOR by Saturday early enough to show my face. The GS Thing in Oark starts Sunday for dinner!!! Randy

Randy.... I believe your correct; anyone planning a afternoon Sunday dinner in
    AR wont likely be in Paonia beyond early breakfast! And I would'nt want that ride
    for GSGaints; there MUST be points for that!!! It may "cut" into TOR attendance
    a little; I'll hold your door prize tickets if it will help.

Travel'in John

Miles?

I'm not sure the miles from TOR to Oark,Ark, but its got to be far. Probably in the 750m range give or take. I won't be registering for the TOR rally, but ya'll be sure enjoy it. A fine rally. Hope the Colorado fires are not near Paonia? My tickets would not likely help ya out anyways, as I rarely win anything! Good luck, see ya'll in MO..Randy

Vail/Avon has lots going on. I'm there now at the STAR 2012 rally. Avon is a great place to chill for a few days!!!
    Lisa Malachowsky
    2014 R1200GSW-low
    tripgrrl@gmail.com
    www.divenrideadventures.com

Looks like the outlook has gotten better for the rally!
    Knick
    F800GS
    WR250R
    Vespa ET4