Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camp Stoves

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I was considering bringing a bottle of sipping whiskey myself, has a bird on the label, Wild Turkey. If anyone wants any........
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

The Kickin' Chicken, as we call it(originally it just was 101proof)! Is that 80, 101, rare breed?

I'll take a sip of that bird.

ljmattox

Re: Stoves

Originally posted by John
    I guess what was most important was morning coffee. I didn't know if that was available close or I had to go into town to the donut shop.
    That would be my main concern as well, figuring that at a rally the "community" food options and/or restaurants nearby that I'd want to try.

For coffee, what about a 12v coffee maker? Thought of it after I saw a 12v hotpot at Target the other night, a web search turned up quite a few 12v appliances including a stove, pizza maker, and blender. Margaritas via my K12 power outlet? Now that would be something.

Re: Re: Stoves

Originally posted by ljmattox
    For coffee, what about a 12v coffee maker? Thought of it after I saw a 12v hotpot at Target the other night, a web search turned up quite a few 12v appliances including a stove, pizza maker, and blender. Margaritas via my K12 power outlet? Now that would be something.
    Those 12V appliances aren't what they're cracked up to be. From what I understand (not a coffee drinker), the coffee maker takes forever and REALLY sucks down the power. You'd have to have the bike running to use it and then it'd take at least 30 minutes. The 12V blender isn't powerful enough to crush ice. Anything 12V that uses heating elements is a waste of energy. You're better off with a small stove and percolator.
    -Mike

'02 R1150R
    '88 R100RS

Don't know how I missed your post, the stove is a Coleman Exponent, I have been using it all summer and love it, I can't believe how long those fuel cans last.
    Sorry we didn't get much time to talk at the national, it was kind of amazing even running into you Gar, I mean I looked left and you were walking next to us, strange