Thread: Schuberth intercom

Schuberth intercom

My wife and I are planning on new helmets, shortly and was wondering if anyone has used the Newest model Schuberth intercom? We have used Nolan with Autocom, they worked pretty good, then another 5 years with Nolan and Nolan intercom again worked fine (both hardwire btw). Was wondering about the quality of the bluetooth intercom?
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My wife and I are planning on new helmets, shortly and was wondering if anyone has used the Newest model Schuberth intercom? We have used Nolan with Autocom, they worked pretty good, then another 5 years with Nolan and Nolan intercom again worked fine (both hardwire btw). Was wondering about the quality of the bluetooth intercom?
    While I do not have the Schuberth or the Schuberth intercom I do have the Scala Rider and have ridden some 10K miles this year with my riding buddy who has the same Scala. They both work great and no complaints.

The Schuberth intercom is a Scala Rider built into the Schuberth.

Thank you looking forward to new gear
    J C Hughes

Hey Jon,
    i just picked up a Schuberth C3 and the SRC system. My best friend also has a C3 and bought the SRC as well. We went over to his house and got them all set up and tested... We walked all over the house with our helmets on, talking to each other using the intercom, streaming music from our iphones, and also made calls on our phones.

Everything worked nicely in this environment. Once the helmets were paired together, you could either press the channel button (A or B depending on which one we used to pair with.. tried them both) to talk, or talk loudly to activate the intercom... the music would stop in both systems, intercom feature would start and we could talk to each other. After we were done talking, the music would start back up... I think it was 30 seconds after we were done talking... or you could press the channel button again to disconnect the intercom feature.

We have not tried this on the road yet, as weather hasn't permitted. My only concern is that the volume level will not be adequate. There is a way to splice a mini-plug into the system which will allow you to use earbuds for the system, which is something I will surely do if required.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

Thank you I am ready to get these helemts on the road
    J C Hughes

Ridin' Retired Ranger

SRC is cool

Your write up is spot on. I put a Scala Q2 on my wife's HJC and my SRC in my C3 - as soon as we turn on the system, the helmets link up. The only neg for our system is the HJC is noisy, which activates her mike all the time. Batteries last about 8 hrs - that's riding, turning off during stops.
    I'm using DroidX and I'm having problems with the phone calls. Calls come in quite well and the fidelity of the mike on the SRC at 80mph is amazingly quiet - like they don't even know I'm riding....oh boss, I'll get right on that....
    The SRC does make the C3 rather expensive - but it's good technology!
    Smooth throttles and spirited twisties!

TC

Your Nolan is a Scala based system, right? The C3 should work in a similar fashion. For me, the scala sound quality sux for music, fine for voice. I cut the wires & use molded monitors. Much better now!
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    My only concern is that the volume level will not be adequate..
    I use the C3 with SRCS AND earplugs. The volume is fine. You may want to play with the positioning of the speakers - make sure they are exactly opposite your ear canals.
    J?rgen
    Red Rocks
    04 R1150GS adv
    04 K1200RS last of the great bricks

My wife and I have the C3 and had the SRC system. We ride double 99+% of the time. The sound quality and volume were fine, but GPS feeds only one of the two helmets. Then, as someone pointed out, there is a delay before the intercom becomes active again. It's a Bluetooth thing and not a SRC specific issue. Since we chat a lot while riding and both like to hear the GPS, the system didn't fit our needs. We went back "wired" with the Autocom.

IMO, bike to bike with separate music and GPS for each rider and the system is great! Two-up on the same bike (redundant, I know) not so much...

Stan
    09 RT

took my new helmet for a spin. Around town, the SRC sound quality is fine.. At highway speeds, the volume goes up automatically as does the distortion level.

I'll be splicing mini jack into the circuit to allow me to plug in some earbuds.

Splicing complete!

Well, this weekend I voided the warranty on my SRC and spliced in a female 3.5mm headphone jack so I could plug in my ear buds instead of using the speakers.

Took all of an hour to do this.. VERY EASY to do. Just some light soldering, shrink wrap and electrical tape. The plug tucks right in very nicely.

The SRC speakers are still in the helmet... Wired up to a male 3.5mm headphone jack, so I can switch between the speakers and ear buds when I want to.

My buddy came over and we did the same to his C3. MUCH better.