Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park

Rest Stop; Glacier National Park
    Attached Images Attached Images

The famous one.

I don't see riffles on the lake; that must have been the only quiet day for the whole summer.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

been there...on our return from the Spokane rally...wow has it been that long? I would love to go back...thanks for sharing the picture!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

We're going this summer, thanks for the picture.
    Tom
    2011 RT

al from chgo burbs lilredroadster's Avatar
    Beautiful place I was also there for a few days after Spokane. It seems like a few months ago! It is possibly my favorite national park!
    Thanx for the pic and memories.
    Al From Chgo Burbs
    BETTERMENT THROUGH BADGERMENT

Our Pal we met at the top;

Going to the Sun Highway, inside the park. Its a favortite alright, been there a few times. This trip we were coming home from Wisconsin National Rally, West Bend on our KLT1200. Swam in McDonald lake, not so bad considering where the water comes from. The shore line, shallower waters are not bad for swimming, as the sun helps. Randy

Our GSA Burp:)

Yep, rode this a few years, without any GS/GSA in the family. I have gone back to my offroad ways. GSA1200 today, but this KLT1200 performed flawlessly for 98000m..Our homebuilt, great trailer worked equally well, as we camped a lot... Here on the climb to the top, coming from the North Entrance GNP, Montana. Randy

Were there for my nieces , a Park Ranger, wedding mid June 2010.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here at the still closed Going to the Sun turnaround on the west side.

My niece says the bighorns come in to the parking lots seeking out antifreeze puddles under the cars. And folks try to go pet them.
    Lake McDonald was calm as the backdrop to the wedding at the Apgar Ampitheater that day as well...still cold!

This road on the west side to the border was full of potholes...but my R Bike riding partner had a blast

the smooth section before I put the camera away
    Last edited by henzilla; 11-10-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Yep:)

Them there horns are "real" and if anyone has ever seen them in action, clashing with one another, butting heads? Its a nature phenom, unreal. Humans petting these critters would make another photo moment indeed, IF this old guy got upset. They sure are a sight to behold, however and so close. I could only hope my bike did not resemble a threat to this guy. I'd lose! GNP, indeed one of our National Treasures and shared with Canada's Border and the ONLY one of its kind in NAmerica, shared on a border. Be sure not to miss the other side, carry your Passport. Waterton International Peace Park is Canada's. Just awesome.

If anyone is taking the time to visit Glacier, I highly reccomend popping across the border to the Waterton National park, the other half of the international park. Its like Banff without all the over-commercialization and hordes of tourists. Not so much a spot for riding, but still very enjoyable and lots of good hiking trails.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Waterton...very nice. From mid June 2010 trip. I don't have any in town shots, touristy, but not bad as some locations as mentioned and lot's of outdoor venues to eat

At the gateway

This could be seen for a bit after entering the park

the back side of that same hotel looking out towards the lake. The Prince Of Wales Hotel. Very windy up on the point...did I mention windy?

looking down on Waterton on lower right. My sister and niece have taken a boat way down that lake to hike& camp...with 6' waves coming over the deck! Hard to bellieve seeing it this day.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I camped there:)

Camped on the waterfront of this lake, just past the town. It was windy, waves BIG. Bears GOT close to town too, BIG Grizzley type, Black bears too. They pretty much left us alone, but never been so close camping with a critter that considers ME on the menu! Randy

Jackson Hole

Buffalo. Not a bear but large enough to give time to pass before entering the campground.

My sister and niece have taken a boat trip way down that lake to hike & camp...henzilla
    That's the Crypt Lake trail, which involves a crawl through a tunnel. The site of the Grizzly Bear attack on Patricia Van Tighem, which she wrote about in her book: "The Bear's Embrace".

Nice pics.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

This is my favorite pic of Glacier early in the morining as we were just starting up the Going To The Sun Highway. We were on our way home from the National in Redmond 2 years ago.

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale