Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The RALLY before the RALLY

Rally before the rally

Great!!
    I just posted that I cannot make the TOR because I need to be at the National site sooner than I can make it from Colorado.
    This is PERFECT ! I'm coming.
    Jim Faucher
    aka MAD DOG
    Nat. rally beer garden chair

Quote Originally Posted by 460Jetboat View Post
    Our local club The Springfield BMW Roadriders "Club" (MOA chartered club #8) has decided to move the date for our rally in Crane MO this year to the weekend before the Nationals so that MOA members can come and camp out in the southern part of the state in order to take in some of the good "twisties" in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas! More info at www.MotoMO.org
    When the MOA rally was in Gillette, WY, there was a rally in Spearfish, SD (94miles away) that is traditionally the week before the MOA rally. That year the organisors of the Spearfish rally moved the dates from Fri, Sat, Sun to Sun, Mon, Tues. According to the organisers, they had the biggest attendance at their rally ever. On the Wednesday, there was a cavalcade arranged for riders going to the MOA. The atmosphere was great. This "little" rally was a precursor to the "main event" and was a lot of fun. I would suggest something similar for the Springfield BMW Roadriders since they are already prepared to move their date, that they move a little bit more. This will solve the problem of what to do between two rallies 150 miles apart and allow Springfield to experience an estimated double in attendance.
    2004 R1150GS
    AMA - BMWMOA - BMWRSOC - AZBEEMERS
    Gilbert, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Great!!
    I just posted that I cannot make the TOR because I need to be at the National site sooner than I can make it from Colorado.
    This is PERFECT ! I'm coming.
    Jim Faucher
    aka MAD DOG
    Nat. rally beer garden chair
    Sounds like a plan!
    Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

The Gillette rally was badmouthed from the day of it's announcement .

I enjoyed the trip there, the rally & the trip home. The rally chairs must have felt the weight of the world from all the negativity, but they went on to hold (for me) what was a great rally.

They put on quite a "light show" on Thursday evening If I have the day right.