Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Portland Motorcycle is closing

Quote Originally Posted by selyab View Post
    Tigard is the only BMW dealership between Salem and Tacoma. A friend of mine just had his GS totaled and got nowhere on price for a replacement from the Tigard store. So he is buying from Ride West in Seattle.
    Isn't it amazing how an insurance adjuster and motorcycle salesman can be so far apart on value, and which one to agree with changes with circumstances.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Tigard is the only BMW dealership between Salem and Tacoma. A friend of mine just had his GS totaled and got nowhere on price for a replacement from the Tigard store. So he is buying from Ride West in Seattle.
    Unless the Ride West people were significantly more facile in dealing with the insurance guy (which is possible, I admit), it seems more likely that what was going on was that Tigard was rigid on price, and just lost the sale.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

But...Ride West is in Seattle, not Tacoma...? South Sound is the Tacoma (actually Fife) dealership, and they're no longer co-owned with Ride West. (Unless something changed very recently). But we do get your point.

Hope you're friend wasn't too badly injured in the accident that totaled his GS!

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    But...Ride West is in Seattle, not Tacoma...? South Sound is the Tacoma (actually Fife) dealership, and they're no longer co-owned with Ride West. (Unless something changed very recently). But we do get your point.

Hope you're friend wasn't too badly injured in the accident that totaled his GS!

Cheers!
    My friend was able to ride home a few blocks after the paramedics checked him out. Sadly to say it was a hit and run. He was on 405 almost to his exit when someone in a Tahoe jumped into his lane, he was able to avoid the initial contact but somehow got hit from behind and went down. Luckily he wasn't going fast enough to get hurt other than big bruises. The person never stopped.

As far as Ride West/South Sound ownership, I don't know. But I do know "BMW of Western Oregon in Tigard is still the only dealership between Salem and Tacoma, er I mean Fife!"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post

Cheers!
    My friend was able to ride home a few blocks after the paramedics checked him out. Sadly to say it was a hit and run. He was on 405 almost to his exit when someone in a Tahoe jumped into his lane, he was able to avoid the initial contact but somehow got hit from behind and went down. Luckily he wasn't going fast enough to get hurt other than big bruises. The person never stopped.

As far as Ride West/South Sound ownership, I don't know. But I do know "BMW of Western Oregon in Tigard is still the only dealership between Salem and Tacoma, er I mean Fife!"