Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finding the Polarbear, Free stuff!

Compass?

Anybody remember these? Almost like sliderules. Ya'll play nice. Aren't we an aged group of fuddy duddies! I know folks that couldn't find there way out of a wet paper sack with a compass. L and Ls, coordinates by GPS. I've followed a few fellow Riders, GPS equipped that could not either(above). Evolve? I don't know from what I view in the news these days! Ride well everybody. Randy

Compass?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Anybody remember these?
    I keep this one in my tank bag. Doesn't everyone?

Gracious offer Randy
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Thats a compass:)

Its a rare phenom today to see one again and still easily purchased at good sport stores, but who actually has one and knows its use is much so a rare sight today with all the electric doodads around. Thanks for sharing your compass. And, by all I have recieved from my riding days, out and about the USA, my offer stands as a small return to anybody riding far away from home. I still go far and wide myself on any of my three bikes and KNOW too well how nice it is to find strangers/bikers willing to share even a chat. Then roads can become very boring and lonely OR become a very interesting experiece when we just open up to others like minded. Some days I like the solo, just me and the land/bike and critters and other days talk to everybody, every stop...A safe haven in and about strange lands is always a good feeling...Happy Trails, Randy

I'm going to remember your offer when my travels take me your way!
    Nice to know of a safe haven when far from home to make repairs/maintenance and maybe even have a nice conversation.
    Randy

Still here:)

Well, I plan on being here a few years yet and at 59 now, retirement in a couple years or sooner. We've been blessed to have what we have, property,critters,bikes,health,kids grown, and just everything. As long as I'm here, fellow 'MOA folk and the like are welcome to share. I'm in the Annon.Book too with about 6+ other listings in Clovis,CA.. Just highlight mine and you'll not forget. Randy