Thread: christmas in nc or sc

Hybrid View

Smile christmas in nc or sc

any opinions on a great city to visit during christmas season. would like to take motorcycle trip somewhere

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    My wife went to Charleston, SC several years ago and had a great time. My wife found the package in Southern Living. We stayed in a warehouse that had been beautifully converted into a hotel, rode carriages through the trading district and went to a Christmas Musical in a theatre next door. Once we got there, we didn't move our car until we started home.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

asheville great town, mtn roads, tour Biltmore during christmas season

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    asheville great town, mtn roads, tour Biltmore during christmas season
    It is indeed a wonderful place to visit at Christmas. I visited it on the 100th anniversary and they had 53 hugh Christmas trees throughout the place. I think it is usually a little cold and possibly snowy for a motorcycle in Asheville around Christmas.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

xmas in savannah

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55914

The old mansions are all decorated for the holidays in Savannah. I went last year and it was a beautiful sight.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

I would pick somewhere in SC and along the coast. The mountains of NC are pretty but snow is a very real possibility. Very rare for snow along the coast and the temps are generally not that cold. Obviously the further south you go the better. Prices should be cheap anywhere along the coast as well since not the tourist season. If you play golf the courses are less expensive and still in excellent shape. I played golf in Myrtle Beach all through the winter when I lived in the area as 50s and 60s were quite common.
    Kevin
    "I ride therefore I am"

2012 1600 GTL