Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yosemite

Fourcats
    Try the Tuolumne Lodge for a place to stay & eat.

When you go into the park ask the Ranger to remind the next ten vehicles "not to tailgate"...

If you are RVing it. There is the Marposa KOA you can stay at. You can even camp there if you are bike touring. There is also a hostile a couple of miles from the KOA on your way towards the park called the Yosemite Bug. It is aslo a great place to eat.

Just be careful going over the passes from October to May. I've ridden over all of these and have seen 20 feet of snow at the top where the road is literally carved throw the snow. Pretty cool to ride through, no pun intended, but can be challenging since the road surface has patches of snow and ice at time.

I have a friend with a house in Groveland on a golf course. About 20 minutes or so from the main gate... He rents the house out.. It sleeps 10. I've rented it from him a couple of times and it's very nice... and Groveland is a nice little town. PM me is you are interested... Not sure of his rates, but i'm sure it's cheaper than a hotel.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

There is also a hostile a couple of miles from the KOA on your way towards the park called the Yosemite Bug.
    I thought we drove all of those heathen savages out years ago.. .. musta been a holdout.

Yosemite Bug
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner